Egg yolk concerns- which studies to believe?

So a nutritionist on anther board claims:

I find the following meta-analysis and post it:

He replies:

Isn’t he just cherry picking here? I provided a meta-analysis of 17 studies and he chooses something else. What to believe?

Yolk concern?

Without knowing anything about the issue, I can comment on the dialogue. If his link does indeed “DIRECTLY” counter the study – that is, if it’s not trying to cherry pick problems with individual studies and whatnot – then he’s basically calling your source’s credibility into question. Consider the following exchange:

Doper A: I think that Obama is not a citizen and therefore not qualified for the presidency. Supporting my assertion is this meta-study by Orly Taitz.

Doper B: Here is a cite that debunks the link you’re linking to – Taitz is not a credible or reliable source of information, some of the cites she uses are flawed, and is her conclusions aren’t logically derived.
ETA: Again, I have no idea what the “yolk concern” is, do not in any way mean to compare you to a birther, nor imply anything about the credibility or relative veracity of your sources.

The concern is the results of the meta-analysis I linked to:

He then posted his own link which “DIRECTLY counters” it and his implication is that there is no need to limit dietary cholesterol.

Both links refer to results of studies at least 7 years old, although the latter is more recent. It is also the correct conclusion, according to recent studies (which I have not googled). Recent studies show that yolk does not significantly increase your total cholesterol or change the ratio between total cholesterol and HDL.

Actually, the amount of cholesterol you ingest has little to do with your cholesterol levels. Your body synthesizes cholesterol, and it uses fatty acids to do so. The saturated fats and the trans fats you eat have a more significant effect on your cholesterol levels than the cholesterol in the food. In addition, unsaturated fats has a beneficial effect on the ratios.