Elementary school serves floor sealant to students instead of milk

You know what could have stopped a bad cafeteria worker with floor sealant ??

Exactly.

A Uvalde police officer, by the end of the semester.

Those were the norm both when I was in college in the late 60s and also in the military.

I guess I’m stuck on something … decidedly OT:

Arredondo,” in Spanish, means around.

And whatever else you might say critically about Chief Pete Arredondo … when kids were dying in Uvalde … he was around.

:sad face:

In my college through the 1980s. Never got floor sealant though.

More like Alaska imitates India.

One of the issues in Canada is the tight control of the dairy market by the Canadian Dairy Commission. Canada is usually pretty good about protecting the consumer, especially in areas like pharmaceuticals, but there are a few glaring exceptions, and the industry-dominated Dairy Commission is one of them.

From doing some quick Googling, it appears there are three types of floor sealant: those based on polyurethane, those based on solvents, and those that are water-based. The first two are quite toxic, the water-based one not so much, so presumably that’s what the kids drank or they’d likely have been poisoned. It typically consists of an alcohol ester (alcohol + carboxylic acid), earth pigments, preservative, silica, surfactant, and water. No idea if any of these ingredients might pose a risk of long-term effects, but most likely the kids will be fine. Still, heads should roll.

Somewhere, there is a floor sealed with milk. How well does that work?

As well as milking a seal?

I know it’s a typo, but I love it. I seriously shall be using this expression for the rest of my life. “It’s a big easier.” Thanks!

I also saw a variation of those when I was in college, and worked in a restaurant. I was the only woman there who could lift those crates with a full bag in them by myself. :muscle:

On a serious note, I just can’t comprehend how anyone could make a mistake like this.

This reminds me of a cartoon I saw years ago:

A train of tank cars is rumbling towards a distant city on the horizon. Each car is labeled, “All-Purpose Manufacturer’s Paste. Good for floor wax, dessert topping, grout, sealant, cake icing, glue, lubricant…”

“Hey, you want a drink?”
cough, cough!
“That’s good shit, huh? Dozer makes it. It’s good for two things: Degreasing engines and killing brain cells.”

I don’t want to make light of this, but since I’m not the first to break out the Simpsons references:

Test it by dropping a cookie on it and see how it crumbles.

“Looks like you blew a seal.”

“It’s ice cream and anyway, it’s none of your business.”

Well at least this wasnt that incident a few years ago where a high school student before school ejaculated in the ranch dressing tub that was to be used for the school lunches salads, and it was only caught after multiple students complained the ranch tastes funny.

Milk is heavily subsidized in the US, and one of the reasons is explicitly to keep the price lower than it would be otherwise.

“It’s only mildly toxic” sounds like an excellent defense