Eleventy-one

I am eleventy-one today!
I hope you are all enjoying yourselves as much as I am.

I have called you all together for a Purpose.

Indeed, for Three Purposes! First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all, and that eleventy-one posts is too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable dopers.

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less that half of you half as well as you deserve.

Secondly, to celebrate my eleventy-first post.

Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT.

I am pleased to announce that eleventy-one posts is far too short a time to spend among you - this is the just the beginning. I am here. I am not leaving. HELLO!

<shoves the One Ring on Danalan’s finger, makes him disappear, and kicks his ass outta here!>

:slight_smile:

Happy eleventy-first. Are you a Proudfoot, by any chance?

Regards,
MR

Congrats, or, as the kids say, Mad Props to you.

How embarassing… I am not eleventy one and I’ve been here so much longer than you.

You’re twice the man I am.

Or 1.2 times the man i am. I can’t remember my post count.

And I’m female.

I have nothing to add. I just hate to see such a well meaning post sink with only 2 replies. HELLO DANALAN!

Oh, a Minbari, eh?

and I would like to celebrate my fifty-some-odd post today!

And those have been some odd posts!

Happy eleventy-first post to you! Happy nine-hundred something to me!

I guess it’s time for me to pull out my copy of LOTR tonight and reread it. I haven’t done that for a while now.

Congratulations your eleventy-first post, o hairy-footed one!

why, thankyou! :wink:

LOL Maeglin!

And congrats, Danalan! Glad to have another LOTR fan hanging around here :slight_smile:

What a cool idea. Wish I’d thought of that.

Thank you, everyone.

Mjollnir – WTF?

So where are the fireworks? I WANNA SEE GANDALF’S FIREWORKS!!

Also, please don’t check under my cloak for any silver spoons as I leave. Thanks.

OK, apparently no one else is a Babylon 5 fan.

The Minbari used base 11 in their numbering. In one episode, Leneer (sp?) is talking about is “eleventy-first” year (meaning twelfth), and so forth.

That’s all.

In an unrelated TV tie-in, back in the good ol’ days of TV, the actors themselves did commercial spots for their sponsors. In one of them for the Beverly Hillbillies, Granny is counting out something (I don’t recall, maybe number of raisins in Raisin Bran), and she’s saying “eleventy-nine, eleventy-ten. . . What come’s after eleventy-ten?” To which Mr Drysdale replies “Eleventy-leven.” Then he looks at the camera quizzically, and says, “Eleventy-leven???”

Eleventy-one? Is that metric or have I been transported to another galaxy and not realised it? If so send me back… Hold on a sec, keep me, I like it here. Happy eleventy-first.

Ya know, it’s been a while, but I’m pretty sure that eleventy-one is not a number.

I could be wrong though.

Now this is a post-count thread with STYLE! I heartily approve, Danalan. Congratulations. Post on.