Elizabeth Smart: Who done it? Post your theories.

RickJay, are you saying the family knew about it and kept it quiet out of embarrassment?

“Kept it quiet” is hardly the term for the media blitz they had going to find their daughter; I would guess that RickJay meant their behavior after she returned. Now that she’s back, I think she’s entitled to some privacy to work out her issues without the entire country watching. The poor kid has got to be a mess, and I hope she can recover enough to have something resembling an ordinary life.

I’m sure that her parents had nothing to do with it. Unfortunately for them the same news media who helped in the finding of their daughter is a two edged sword and would have smothered her had they allowed it. I just mean that the situation is a strange on. One of the strangest I have seen. The older man, who was some sort of mormon offset who followed the old doctrine of polygamy, and the strange clothing, and the speaking in sort of biblical terminology. The saddest thing is that I’m sure the old sicko raped that poor girl, and manipulated her terribly to belief that she was now his wife. I have tried not to play into the hype, and the “media blitz” as I mentioned in posts before. But something this odd is hard to ignore, especially living in Utah as I do. And it’s just turned out to be such an ODD case!!!