Emailing Photos

What’s the easiest way for me to email a lot of photos? I know I need to reduce the size, but not sure how. I have the pictures on my iPhone and on my desktop computer.

What OS?

You’re probably going to run into the issue that photos tend to not be small files (often a megabyte or larger, depending on the resolution of the camera), and most ISPs / email providers put a cap on the maximum size that a single email can be (including the size of attached files). If “a lot of photos” is in the dozens or hundreds, if emailing them is the only way that you’re comfortable doing it, you’re almost undoubtedly to have to send them in batches. (I suspect that file compression software won’t reduce the size of the photos a lot, but I could be mistaken.)

You’re probably also going to have to experiment a bit, to find out what the maximum size is that your email service will send, as well as the maximum size that your recipient’s email service will accept.

If you truly have a large number of photos that you need to send to someone, I’d suggest a cloud storage site to which you can give the recipient access. Dropbox lets you designate people who can access a particular folder, for example.

If you’re using gmail, it’ll automatically store the pictures on Google Drive and convert the attachments to links, if they’re too big. It gets around e-mail size limits, while still being basically completely transparent to both the sender and the recipient.

I’m going to sound really dumb…do you mean Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit?

I have about 25 pictures I want to send. I tried sending 5 or 6 at a time, but it was to big. I’ll just have to break it up more.

Yes.
If you were using a Mac, there is a very simple way to do this.

The easiest way to do it is to either zip them all in a folder and upload them to Google Drive (or Dropbox or whatever free storage service you might use) and then send a link to the zip file in email.

If you don’t want to zip them or if the recipient can’t deal with zip archives, another way is to upload them all individually to Google Drive or Drop Box etc., in a folder perhaps, and send a link to that folder and the recipient can view or download.

Otherwise you’re going to need to send them 1 or 2 at a time.

Thanks, everyone! I use Dropbox, so I’ll try that. Didn’t even think of it.