Emoticomments

I’m intrigued by the emoticons suddenly. What do they really signify? What would they mean in combination?

In the spirit of scientific exploration, let us venture humbly into this unknown territory:

:mad: + :cool: = “I don’t know whether to shit or go blind”

:confused: - I’m shocked that on such a progressive site as the SDMB they allow the racist “Buckwheat” icon to remain.

:o - “Who wants a hummer”

:eek: - The surprise DP.

:wink: = :smack: a second later. It becomes :dubious: after it heals.

:stuck_out_tongue: = a noncommital :smiley:

:cool: - “you gotta quarter?”

You notice the races?

:slight_smile: :wink: = Your orientals

:dubious: :smack: = white guys

:cool: :o = Mexicans

:confused: :frowning: :eek: = black

:mad: = Amerindian

:rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: = Al Gore
Of course, once you see this, the obvious offensive racial stereotyping presents itself.

Why is the Mexican the only gay one? Why is the black guy being forcibly sodomized? Why are the white guys acting all innocent? Why is Al Gore so smug?

(I guess we can figure out why the Amerindian is so pissed.)

Still, I object to this overt racism being displayed on the board in the form of emoticon stereotyping and I demand the administration rectify the situation.

:rolleyes:

We all know this guy. Do you hate him, too? He sends me into a rage when I meet him in real life, and even this little representation is enough to make me want to smack the shit out of something.

I know, you’re so put upon him.

Hmm now that I think about it, a more efficient way of conveying the above would be:

:rolleyes: makes me :mad:

I’ve always thought that :cool: is the guy who’s just been visited by :o . I mean come on, if that isn’t afterglow, I don’t know what is.

And this :rolleyes: is the lonely guy who lives downstairs.

All I can say to that is :rolleyes:

:smiley:

I wish there were a shrugging shoulder emoticon. No idea how to graphically (unanimated) portray that, but it would help out, IMO.

:mad: :cool: :wink: :rolleyes: :frowning: :confused:–Someday we’ll find it, the Rainbow Connection