Engagement ring design opinions please

Once again, I’ll put in a good word for the Canadian diamond industry - Polar Bear Diamonds. (They even have little polar bears inscribed on their girdles.)

Good luck with your search, Folly. That is pretty romantic, the presentation of the ring with the asking and all that.

Link still doesn’t work.

Apparently I can’t figure out how to do a permanent link, but if anyone is still curious about the original ring it’s the 18K white gold ‘embrace’ setting at www.brilliantearth.com

My original (intermittent) link is to canadian diamonds as well, but that brings up another dilemma. Does anyone know of some place in Chicago I can actually go look at Canadian or other non-conflict diamonds?

When we have kids, I plan to get some tiny diamonds added to my wedding band - one for each baby.

Crusoe and I picked my ring out together - he was terrified of getting it wrong, although I doubt he would have as the first one I saw which made me go “oh, that one! I want that one!” was his favourite as well. Here it is. It’s a rub-over setting in platinum, and I love it.

Just googling “Canadian diamonds Chicago” brings up some Chicago stores (one that comes up is Leber Jewelers which was featured in an article on conflict-free diamonds).

When I win some more diamonds, you canhave them added to your ring.

Love you, Baby! :smiley:

[quote=“Folly, post:37, topic:472263”]

I guess I’ve pretty much revealed myself as the dude in this relationship. :slight_smile:
It’s not that I’m expected to do so, but I think I have a pretty good handle on her tastes and I would love for this to be a surprise with the ring already in hand.
Notwithstanding the fact that I think I’ve given the opposite advice on this very messageboard.

<snip>QUOTE]

When I proposed, I had a ring in hand which I borrowed from the ring store from which I won the diamond. It wasn’t the design we settled on (we spent some time with one of the designers at our store and came up with that custom design) and it wound up being a touch too small as well, but it at least was an actual ring for popping the question. If you’re still unsure about design when the time comes, this might be an option you can look at before taking the lucky lady to the store to settle on a design.

Check out Cross Jewelers in Portland, ME. WOWZA stuff, and some day I will get a tourmaline ring from them.

http:/ www. crossjewelers. c om /

No, I am not an employee, just a longtime fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering this thread is 7 years old, I’m guessing the op has already made a decision.

Zombies don’t believe in engagement periods.

My engagement ring wasn’t a diamond, but if you’re willing to go to Evanston, I had it made here, and they were awesome and very patient going through all possible options, working on price, design, etc. (I have munchkin fingers, so most pre-made stuff was going to be too big for me anyway. Plus I wanted a sapphire in a bezel setting, because I also hate prongs. And am generally not a huge fan of diamonds anyway, price and ethics aside.)

I uh, kinda remember this thread.
For anyone holding their breath, it ended up being very similar to this ring except with a pear-shaped diamond in the middle. There was also a matching engagement band.

She loved it. I’m two kids into this relationship. :slight_smile:

But i personally prefer for ruby & diamond engagement ring. Ruby is mostly like woman for engagement.