Enough Democrat smugness. It is the Democratic Party, not the GOP, which is dying--nay, already dead

For some people none of this stuff seems to matter. The only thing that seems to signify is economics, specifically where Wall Street is concerned. It’s very weird. I keep reading that the Democratic Party is moving rapidly rightward…Their attention is called to decidedly unrightwing things like marriage equality and health care, and they go right on saying it. Maybe you’ll have better luck. But I won’t be waiting up nights.

The OP *is *aware that April Fool’s Day isn’t for a few more weeks, right?

Granted, it’s pretty early in the day, but this is already the most stupid thread I’ve read all day. The rest of the day’s got a lot of catching up to do.

The OP also gets props for making us West Coasties churn through that much dreck on the first cup of coffee.

Kudos to those who managed to answer somewhat coherently.

I must say this offered an interesting perspective with which to start the day. I expect to see the video clips demonstrating that all Democrats are lizard people next.

Count me as also thought it was satire!

Foolsguinea, tomato juice may help with your hangover.

Ain’t that the truth?

Republicans have quite a bit of experience in projecting their own failures and issues on others. This OP is just more of the same.

“Just because we don’t like black or gay people doesn’t make us bigots! YOU are the bigots by discriminating against our discriminating!!!”
“We aren’t dividing this country! YOU ARE!!!”

Not ALL Democrats – only the leaders.

The rest are just Dupes or Quislings.

I thought Foolsguinea was a progressive-type and not a Republican? Maybe this is what the news is talking about with the Sanders-Trump crossover vote.

So you are only incorrect most the time rather than all the time?

Cite for your percentages, please?

/

“Millennials (ages 18-33) are more liberal than any group in US history.” The GOP’s Millennial problem runs deep | Pew Research Center

“… only 3% identify as “strongly conservative.” Add in the “mostly conservative” among them and you get a whole 15%.” The GOP’s Millennial problem runs deep | Pew Research Center

“Sixty percent of Americans have an unfavorable view of Republicans and only third of Republicans have a favorable views of themselves.” 5 facts about Republicans in 2015 | Pew Research Center

“Over 80% of Democrats like Obama and want to see his vision continued” 6 facts about Democrats in 2019 | Pew Research Center

So is a stopped clock.

Please send your newsletter to the Republican leadership - those drowning men need some more weights on them.

After 2012 even they knew they had to broaden their appeal. How is that working out? Unless you define the electorate as roughly KKK members that is.

While I think the OP is on the nutty side of things, I can see where he/she is coming from. In a year when the GOP is offering up the clown bus, couldn’t the Dems give us someone really worth voting for? Instead, we get HRC. It’s like a bad season of Survivor when all we get are retreads instead of new, interesting people. The rational part of my brain knows that “The Democratic Party” is a amorphous mass that doesn’t act as a unit, but the emotional part of brain wants to smack The Democratic Party upside the head and tell it to gives us someone beside HRC to vote for. As much as I like Bernie, I think it’s time to stick a fork in him. IOW, the tribe has spoken, Bernie. Bring me your torch.

Sigh … yes, John, both sides do it. :rolleyes:

It must feel great being above all of this participation mess.

When every politician is called an extremist (regardless of the truth of things), and ‘moderate’ is a dirty word, all bets are off as to party survival. In this cycle, we’re being treated to Donald Trump – Donald fucking Trump – transparently pretending to be a devout christian and making people believe it’s true. He’s the king of truthiness and makes no bones about it. Given that sort of national ‘reality’, it wouldn’t surprise me to see our political system implode.

Interesting to note that the word “truthiness” above raises no spellcheck eyebrows. We’re doomed.

Just foolsquinea, as far as I know. She’s trying to depress support for Hillary by insisting that we should be trying to take back congress instead of worrying about electing a Democrat as President. As I’ve pointed out to her previously, taking back congress is a long term goal, not something we can accomplish one day this November, and not incompatible with also working to maintain a Democrat in the Whitehouse.

No no, I don’t think we can be complacent here. We might get the Senate back, but it’s not a sure thing. The House is out of our hands for the short term. We have to work hard for this.

Getting Democratic control of Congress is an important goal, but it’s also important not to lose sight of our other goals. It certainly can’t come at the expense of dropping the ball on the Presidency, which is foolsguinea’s goal, here.

I know you don’t care, but in fact, Hillary is working to raise money for downticket Dems. She set up a joint fundraising effort, called the Hillary Victory Fund which splits donations between herself and other Democratic candidates.

I won’t link to the page but the Hillary Victory Fund describes itself thusly:

“… Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee authorized by Hillary for America, the Democratic National Committee and the State Democratic Parties in these states: AK, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NV, NH, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, and WY.”
Here’s a Politico article about it:

It’s true that she’s hoping for some quid pro quo, but that’s why they’re called politicians. Bernie, otoh, hasn’t really done squat for the down ticket candidates.

So there you go. If electing down ticket Dems is your goal, Hillary Clinton is your pal.

He done drank the flavor-aid.

.037% ain’t nothing to brag about.

I don’t know the OP (person) but the OP (post) sounds like the majority of conservative drivel out there. Right wing types have a natural talent for identifying what’s wrong with themselves and projecting it on the left. It really does seem to always be Opposite Day in conservative land.

Sanders isn’t as rich as the other candidates, to have lots of money to pass around. Remember the reason for all the calls for $27 campaign contributions. He is funded entirely by individual supporters - no SuperPACs or corporate interests. His platform is based on being for the people. I imagine if he aligned with any other politicians, he’d risk giving his opponents a chance to sling mud at him for having “buddies” who have been “bought” by the very same big money organizations that he’s against.

How many of those things happened before Obama was President? How many would have happened sooner/more easily if Congress had been a Democratic majority? What would the Affordable Care Act have been like without Republicans watering it down? Not to mention we might have gotten the ENDA passed, maybe even without removing transgender rights from it.

Do you really think your list of things our nation has made progress in would have happened at all without the Democratic Party becoming more progressive than it used to be? This is change, just like Obama promised, and now that a measure of positive change has happened, Sanders is promising a similar measure of further positive change.