ENTERPRISE - spoilers and speculation

Honestly, I don’t remember any except that one but it was bad enough all by itself to warrant the full point reduction I gave it.

Anyone else with a better memory or a copy of the episode(s) that you know the whereabouts of want to check? I would but I’ve misplaced mine.

You’re right, they’d had to draw beards on Amelia Earhart and Chuck Yaeger, whose names I probably didn’t spell correctly.

I don’t recall any either. I am annoyed by the “I wrote a Star Trek story!” ™ habit of sticking trivia in a every chance to either show that the author knows about Trek lore or to suck up to the reader. Third eyelids. Having a pet sealot just like Spock!

All the little children who had fuzzy pet sehlats grew up to be good Vulcans. All the little children who didn’t have fuzzy pet sehlats grew up to be bad 'ole Romulans.

Vulcan mom: “If you don’t stop frowning, it’ll turn into a brow ridge!”

Well, call me a fanboy (FANBOY!) but I like them. The more obscure, the better. I was killing myself a few weeks ago trying to remember what Klak’de’kel’bracht was. The sehlat especially made me chuckle.

So how did Aria or whatever his name was make the sealot leave?
Did he make a sound like a lady cealot or a lady sealit? Did he make a sound like a bigger, badder, uglier sealot?
:slight_smile:

It depends. If it feels tacked on, I have a problem with it. If it’s just part of the story, then they’re just writing within the universe that’s been created. If sehlats are commen pets, it’s not any odder that T’Pol had one than a human child having a dog.

*Sehlats *have always been treated as being common pets in Trek fiction and there’re obviously going to be wild and/or feral ones if there are domesticated ones.

And cplant: draw a goatee on Earheart? More like give her a beard to go with her moustache.

I want a credit if they use my lyrics.

And money. Lots of money.

The UFP is a communal government of highly evolved species… they don’t use money, remember?

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don’t tell me you don’t use money in the 23rd Century.
Kirk: Well we don’t.
Klingon foreheads production report

That episode sounds horrible.

And I **HATE **the small universe mentality that the writers constantly perpetuate. Why the hell is it that Phlox is the most qualified doctor in two quadrants to try to cure this disease and not some brilliant geneticist with a specialization in Klingon physiology that we’ve never heard of? Oh, say, like a Klingon?

Patient: Doctor, I have a hangnail.
Klingon Doctor to Nurse: Chop off his hand.
:smiley:

OK, then I’ll take a replicator or a portable holosuite or something. I’m willing to work with them.

Aes, I agree with you regarding the small universe syndrome. That’s always driven me crazy. One really annoying result of it is that everyone is too much of an expert on everything. One of the worst examples of this was the TNG episode where it turned out that Crusher was somehow an expert on experimental shield design. Are you kidding me? Consider medical specialization today. She’d have a hard enough time keeping up with dozens of medical categories for who knows how many species (Not to mention her theater pursuits as well as her command ambitions).

Small universe bugs the shit out of me, but Trek has a ways to go before it’s as bad as Star Wars has become.
that ought to get a response
Re the linked upcoming episode: Yay! Captain Hernandez! Drool.

Dog Head Berman speaks and a poll.

The picture attached to an article is supposed to be that of the interviewee if no interviewer is mentioned. This explains a lot - Scott Bakula and Rick Berman are the same person!

Demons

Porker