ENTERPRISE - spoilers and speculation

Yes :smiley:

How else am I gunna know it’s here? :smiley:

Non-sequitir (is that spelled right? I hate latin) **NCB **style: If you have heard of and want to watch Free Enterprise, DON’T.

No idea why that just came to mind but it did. I tried watching it a month or so ago and turned it off in disgust after about 45 minutes. There was a pretty funny scene near the beginning where Shatner as a Guardian Angel told a six year old to kick someone’s ass because he said Han Solo was cooler than Kirk but that was the only part of the movie worth anything.

Even more non sequitur: I just saw Finding Neverland today, and Johnny Depp’s character, J.M. Barrie, has a big ol’ dog named Porthos.

That’s all.

In A Mirror, Darkly

Daedalus .

Trek XI

I am not interested in Trek XI at all. Shelve the movies for a decade and then make some sort of joint DS9/VGR movie (neither will ever sell on its own) with a prominent Riker cameo in the Titan as a capper to the entire Trek movie franchise and then forget about it and focus on whatever the seventh series (you know there will be one sometime in the not too distant future… twenty years tops) winds up being.

You know, it’s pretty bad when the supposed sex pot on your television series is actually the ugliest cast member. Even Billingsley, who I love but wouldn’t consider sexy, is more attractive than Blalock in that picture. And Hoshi, my sweet, sweet Hoshi, is as gorgeous as ever. ::sigh::

By the way, if you look at this picture and still deny the hotness that is Nana Visitor, I will have no choice but to believe your eyes do not function properly, NCB.

So…, which one is she?

:stuck_out_tongue:
Btw, Trek Dopers, I’m going to use this thread whenever I find news of upcoming eps or anything else important that isn’t about an aired show. As opposed to starting thread each time. Feel free to add anything you find yourself.

For instance, did you know that ratings are actually down from last year? Overall, that is. The Data-arc did really well. Even with that, tho, Paramount execs indicate they are pleased with the direction the show is now taking and are talking about a possible 5th season. This leads to my burning question: Does anyone like Bergama? :smiley:

You are dead to me.

(By the way, viva, I hate to break it to you but Malcolm’s hotter than Trip. Just sayin’.)

I was thinking close to the same thing about that pic (which really does no favors to Fish Lips, as Kn(*)ckers used to call her.) Put them in regular clothing, and all of a sudden, Malcolm looks pretty good. I think they must have been directing him to look and develop an affectation of prim prissyness for the show.

As for Nana, while I don’t really think she’s dog food, she most definitely is not my type. Irl, a woman like her would pass right under my radar. But, outside of kidding, I’ve never tried to discount another man’s personal tastes.

btw, you up super early or super late? just wondering. I’m up early, have to go back to Tulsa to finish yesterday’s job.

Super late. I was just about to go to bed about four hours ago when one of my best friends IMed me and drew me into conversation.

I really need to go to bed soon so I don’t screw up my schedule too much though… need to be up Monday morning to recieve the three months of backpay my insurance company is finally mailing me.

Fish Lips should have left her hair in its natural brunette state, and she needs to smile more. Probably wouldn’t help, though.
And I agree that Linda Park is the most gorgeous one in that photo.

[quote]
…ship’s captain steps out and greets the humans with the immortal words, “Live long and prosper”, one of members of the crowd produces his weapon and incites the others to attack the Vulcans. They rush together in a mob, overwhelming the stoic Vulcans with their show of brute force, and changing the course of human history forever.

[quote]

Ah, now this is the America I know.
Proof that it is we who live in the mirror universe and “real” Trek is the alternate.
It explains much from the Eugenics War to the Whatchamallit riots that Sisko was in.

While entertainment reports are usually sensationalistic, it does appear that Berman is defensive about his (and Braga’s) position as producer. He also speaks more pessimistically - referring to having enough time if the series is cancelled to create a series finale. He is correct that ratings are down and he should be sure a good finale is ready if needed, but a promotional piece should be upbeat. But again, entertainment reports would want to focus on the more dramatic points of an interview.

The pessimist in me just sees him downplaying the show so that it can fail and he can say, “See, when we [Berman and Braga] had it, we had good ratings, but Coto couldn’t handle it and it died.”

In the Mirror Universe, I can just see Manny sitting on the edge of a desk with the lowly staff writers around, saying, “Brannon, would you please stop bringing up those cheesy time-travel plots.”

In another alternate universe I would really like to see Jack O’Neill command Enterprise. His laid-back, quipping style would be a welcome relief from Archer’s pessimism. I don’t think it would work long-term because a ship needs a more commanding leader - but it would be fun.

Coto

I wonder if that’s were the Backula “Where no man has gone before” clip came from.

Then it’d be pretty obvious, wouldn’t it? You can’t get much more obvious than Scott Bakula saying “Space, the final frontier…” to make people realize what show they’re watching.

Could be. So what do you think they’re doing to the credits, drawing goatees on all the actors? :slight_smile:

Maybe, if any of the series ever had the actors’ faces in the credits, even in your fancy day-early station, if I remember right. I’d look to make sure but I don’t remember where I put the CD.

“In addition to revealing the reason why the Klingons in the original series had no ridges on their foreheads,”

No! I much prefer Worf’s explanation. Grumble grumble.

I definately like Coto’s handling of the season, thus far. The Nazi arc was a bit disappointing, but the Augments were pleasant, and I really liked the Vulcan arc. (Except for the blatant Iraq War parallels. The 9/11 Allegory in the Xindi arc was quite enough, thanks).

Me too, Pal.

OK, what Spiner in-jokes? The only one I caught was the “maybe in a few generations” quip at the end. And yes, I rolled my eyes at it. But what were some others?