EPL 2021-22 Omnibus Thread

Man City doing their best to mess this up. 1-0 down at home to Aston Villa with half time approaching. As it stands they will still win the title on goal difference with Liverpool drawing 1-1 with Wolves at home but if the next goal in the title race is Liverpool 2-1 things will be really unbelievable.

Yeah, I’d say Liverpool is extremely likely to win their game so City probably needs to score a 2+. The second half should be nuts.

I don’t drop into the EPL thread very often, but man is it turning out to be a fun final day.

Man City 1-2 Villa

City just scored with 15 minutes to go. This is going to be the biggest onslaught by a Pep team an opposition team will face.

City have had a couple alright chances, but not a ton. Pretty unlikely they get 3 in this game, so gotta hope that Liverpool doesn’t score.

If Liverpool win I think they pass City as the best EPL team of the past decade.

City 2-2!

Hooo boy!

That’s a great finish by Rodri.

Really crossing my fingers for Leeds / Jesse Marsch to stay up too.

City winning now. It’s not quite 2012 but this is unreal!

Brentford are down to 9 men so Leeds should be safe. Burnley need to score in the final minutes against Newcastle to overtake Leeds and they are losing.

Well, if anyone is going to seal it, I’m glad it’s Gündogan.

Leeds won their game at the end. Burnley are relegated.

Spurs started the day in 4th two points ahead of Arsenal. Finishes that way too. Both scored 5 goals to win their games. Son and Salah share the Golden Boot with 23 goals each. Son the first Asian player to be top scorer.

Come On You Spurs! What a season!

Ronaldo wants to leave Man Utd and David Ornstein who is probably as reliable as you can get in football journalism is reporting that Chelsea’s new American owner is in talks with Ronaldo’s agent.

I was going to say Chelsea is too defensive and boring. However, that would amplify the importance of Ronaldo’s production, even if the raw numbers suffer. Also, don’t know what team would be a natural fit for Ronaldo at this stage in his career.

If Pulisic is around next year, seeing him assist Ronaldo would be surreal, as a US fan.