Er 11/9

[QUOTE=vivalostwages]
Was the Andre personality the one who approached the little boy with the Matchbox collection in the waiting room?
It made me sad as well, especially that last scene with Morris.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was Andre - the only one who wore glasses, you might have noticed. I loved that detail. I’m a believer in DID, and one of the things that facinates me about the condition is that different facets (“personalities”) have different medical conditions, including myopia, blood pressure and even allergies!

Poysyn, while I’m sure there are exceptions, it’s long been a trope that surgeons are the asshole jocks and bullies of the medical world. I’m sorry to confirm that it’s true IRL.

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
I’m a believer in DID, and one of the things that facinates me about the condition is that different facets (“personalities”) have different medical conditions, including myopia, blood pressure and even allergies!
[/QUOTE]
I can definitely believe the eyesight part (my mom lost her eyesight from emotional trauma) but I thought I read about one alter having breast cancer the others didn’t :confused:

Here’s one first-hand account. “Some MPD’s (myself included) have an alter that changes the color of the eyes, while others have been known to have one alter with cancer, diabetes, etc., while all the other alters remain healthy or have their own ailments.”

"typical forms of alters:

A depressed, exhausted host.
A strong, angry protector.
A scared, hurt child.
A helper.
An internal persecutor who blames one or more of the alters for the abuse they have endured. (Sometimes patterened or named after the actual abuser)"

[QUOTE=yellowval]

I also thought it was stupid that Abby and Luka suddenly decided to get a nanny after that scene with Abby and the nannies at the park (last week?). But I guess I’m a tad crabby this morning.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was really confused about this - how many times do we need to go over the same story?

Also, in the last episode someone named ‘Miriam’ (who we nevr saw) was looking after Joe. Who the hell was that?