Espanol or Mexican

What are you talking about amigo? Puertoricans have a VERY strong accent.

We Dominicans are the only ones who don’t have an accent :slight_smile:

Y Nahuatl, Purépecha, Totonaco, Otamí, Zapoteco, Pápago entre muchos otras?

And words such as chile, chocolate, cacahuate, aguacate, jitomate, coyote, chicle, mezcal and tequila have enriched the Spanish language. Some have even made it into English.

Make that entre muchas otras!

In fact KarlGrenze, it’s puertoriqueños. At least I think it is.

Chula, most famous perhaps but greatest no, most certainly not. There is a long list of Nobel Prizes, independence heroes, writers, scientists, musicians, painters, sportmen, etc before him.

But the language is still Spanish. In Argentina we have lots of world specially of italian origin and yet we, as well as you, speak spanish.

A few words does not a language make.

None of those indians languages are called Mexican, notice you gave them different names. And Mexican indians were not the only ones who added words to Spanish. Our native Tainos did too (huracán, casabe, bohio, Haiti, Caribe, and a long list of other words), that doesn’t constitute Dominicano. If we go by naming a language by how many words it borrowed from another one then we should certainly say we speak Latin (not that a few dimwits haven’t toll me I speak Latin, mind you). :slight_smile:

Mexicans speak Spanish (in general).

Nope, Estilicón. Same as another word for auto is carro, same as the word ferrocarril, hard r pronunciation between two vowels is written with rr. Of course, if you prounce it with a soft r, then you need only one r. :slight_smile:

Mighty, puertorriqueños may indeed have a strong accent, I just don’t notice. And neither compatriots nor other native-Spanish speakers recognize my accent.

[size=1]And you are very deluded about the Dominican accent.[size] :wink:

Go on to the streets of Buenos Aires, and ask 1,000 people who the greatest Argentinian of all time is. Go on, I dare you.

Sure, some will say Che. But at least 950 of them will say “Diego Armando Maradonna”. :slight_smile:

Maybe I didn’t explain myself well enough for you. These are indeed Mexican languages, just as Guadalara or Zacatecas are Mexican cities. Yes there isn’t a language by the name “Mexican” but that isn’t all that clear as what you meant in your other post. At least to me so I guess I misunderstood.

And my pointing out words from Mexican indigenous language that have been incorporated into Spanish was only to show others some of influence that New World languages have had on Spanish. It was more in rebuttal to Estilicon’s post saying how Mexico has ruined Castellano. Here in Mexico at least, the language is referred to as Spanish, not Castellano and it has been enhanced not ruined. Besides some different grammar constructs and unique word uses, there are many additions to the vocabulary. I’m sure this is true throughout America.

That makes you a member of a very non-exclusive club. :slight_smile:

Ok, I got it.

Well, coming from Monterrey, which speaks the Norteño accent of Spanish, I can say that Norteño is the clearest, most refined, just all around greatest Spanish around. If anyone has ruined Spanish, it has been the Royal Academy. They have tried to keep the language pure, not really accepting or creating new words for new terms. Thus, we get a lot of crappy american barbarisms like “surfiar” (to surf) “escaniar” (to scan), that came into poppular usage.

I would like to ask Estilicon how he, being Argentinian, can really accuse others of speaking bad Spanish. This from the country that uses “Vos” and speaks like they are getting paid for it. :wink:

Ok, this seem to be another bash estilicon becuase he is handsome, smart and very funny thread Fuck you all. I speak spanish, you don’t. “Vos” is the superior form of “tu”:slight_smile:
Coldfire is right Maradona is more than famous in argentina. I don’t like football (don’t repeat it, in argentina that is treason to the fatherland) so I consider him a prick.

You may like football more if you lived in Brazil, or perhaps if your team was a pentacampeón. :wink:

Hey, “vos” was created to confuse people. At least you conjugate the verbs accordingly. From one of my Spanish classes, it came that there were some groups that used “vos”, but conjugated like “tú” or “usted”. :slight_smile:

Gee whiz, folks! Cathtillians lithp. Charlestonians use thick brogue. Sea islanders speak gullah. Spanish as she is spoke in Ciudad Mejico is different in Acapulco. Oxford dons do not ask ow ar things at ome.
Straying off L’Avenida de Revolucion (or something) in Mexico City, I summoned my high school Spanish to ask directions to my hotel. The kind gentlemen listened to my struggling and replied, “Go two blocks that way and hang a right. You’ll see it right away.”
We just have to do the best we can. Here we have Mexicans and Gatemalans who can’t understand each other! Buenos noches.

Te crees la gran mierda, Estili, pero ni a pedo llegas. :wink:

So Estilicon took a crap in this thread and now you want to pedo him to death. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: I love babblefish.

Bwahaha Estilicon.

“Las palmas son mas altas y los puercos comen de ella.” :slight_smile:

Sooo… the pigs are eating a pothead?

Yeah, that would about explain Estilicon’s whole life. Especially if one of the pigs was named Monty.

Is that a line from a Juan Luis Guerra song or does it just sound a lot like it?

A line from a Juan Luis Guerra song… from the song Como abeja al panal. I like that song…and the whole album, too.

¡No!

The sound of Z and C (before a soft wovel), is theta, exactly the same sound as Th in English. Of course, if you think all English speakers are lisping on The, think, Thatcher ASF, I can get the notion, but people in Spain DO NOT lisp. Just because letters that make an s-sound in English, get a Theta-sound in Spanish, doesn’t mean it’s a lisp.

Dang, I need to brush up on the phonetical symbols…