Espanol or Mexican

Well great. Where the hell are YOU when I need you?

And I still occasionnally call people, ‘Holmes’.

CBEscapee mexicans just ruin my language :slight_smile:

Spoken like a true Che.

CBEscapee, Che? That’s the way we are called in Mexico? I hope is not a pejorative term.

Yes it’s a common form when referring to argentinos but not derogatory. Gee, you’re not turning into Monty are you?

Now you’ve done it, see you at your pit thread :). I was making another joke I forgot the happy face.
But you do ruin our language and that is no joke, I only understood half of “Amores Perros” :slight_smile:

Your language? You must be joking? Oh that’s right, vos sos argentino. Besides Amores Perros was in chilango.:wink:

I thought argentinos were pibes. :slight_smile:

Of course, I think both Mexican and Argentinian dialects mess up the language :wink:

I’d like a Dos Equis, please. All this Spanish is making me thirsty. :slight_smile:

Waltzing Matilda?

Uno cerveza, por favor.

Gnat, Waltzing Matilda is an Australian song. It’s choc-a-bloc full of words the Aussies use and no one else does.

They lisp in spain!

[sidetrack]It’s been a while since I last heard it, but doesn’t Waltzing Matilda end with the sheep-knapper commiting suicide in the billabong so he isn’t caught by the authorities? Isn’t that kind of morbid for the ol’ Captain?[/sidetrack]

One of my high school Spanish teachers began the year with “You will learn Mexican here, which is much more useful!” before mocking the other Spanish teachers (“Cathsteeeellian!”). Not very PC, I suppose, but we all liked him.

I formally learned to speak the Mexican dialect of Spanish in high school, but prior to that, a family friend who was Puerto Rica taught me a good deal of Spanish at home. Years later, after chewing out a cook in Spanish, I was asked, “Why do you speak Mexican with a Puerto Rican accent?”

Err… make that Puerto RicaN.

He was a puertorequeño.

Puertorriqueño, but don’t sweat it. :slight_smile:

Estilicon, haven’t you ever heard of the greatest argentino of all time, Ernesto Guevara? Where do you think he got his nickname?

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda/Who’ll come a-Waltzing Matilda with me?

I love that song. The above site has the Americanized version as well as a more authentic one attributed to Banjo Peterson, in addition to a brief vocabulary.

Paterson, not Peterson. What can I say, I’m a Merkin? :stuck_out_tongue:

Repeat after me:

There is not such thing as “Mexican” (language). They ALSO speak Spanish.

No hay tal cosa como lengua mejicana. Ellos también hablan español.

Class, you are dismissed.