ESPN. How about some fucking NFL news?!?

What the fuck?!

We’re less than 24 hours into free agency, and I have to practicaly suck your mom’s dick to get any info!

I realize March Madness is here, and hooray to everyone that is wrapped up in it, but let’s get a grip on reality for sports fans!

It’s NFL free agency, finally! We have Kampmann signed to a long-term contract. Ryan Longwell is going to the Vikes. The Vikes lost Chavous to the Rams. There are a shitload of players changing teams, signing with their previous teams, and we’re waiting for more info as it comes about!
What have I been watching on ESPNNews? College basketball teams that have won conference tourny’s to get to the NCAA tournament. All well and fine, but what the fuck are you doing spending this much time on meaningless pre-games?!!?

The big one is Syracuse (yeah, yeah, The 'Cuse, real fucking brilliant) beating Pitt to make it to the 65 team pool. The big news in this? Syracuse enters with a losing record.

I know people take college basketball seriously. Well, they take the pools seriously. But you fuckers should realize the NFL is the bread and butter in American sports.

Everyone knows you’re going to cover the college hoops at this time of year. I can handle that, and I’m used to it.

The labor talks dragged the free agency into a later than usual time. It doesn’t negate the desire for info on the minute to minute deals and signings.

Stop fucking obsessing over the same teams that make the NCAA tourny every year and spend a little time reporting what deals are made, deals that are imminently to be announced, deals that are reportedly to be announced and deals that should or shouldn’t be made.

You fuckers have next week to jerk off over yourselves based on what Dick Vitale has to say.

This weekend? Throw us a fucking bone here and cover free agency. World-wide leader in sports. Fuck you!

Yeah, well I don’t give a damn about the NFL and am solely interested in pre-season baseball, yet you don’t see me whining about it. Oh wait. I guess I am. Nevermind.

Well us Baseball fans are getting 24x7 coverage of Bonds is a drug using jerk who refuses to talk about what a big cheat he is.
Of course all I want is a detailed box score of the Yankee spring training games.

Jim

I aim to [url=http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team?statsId=10]please.**

Evil fuckers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Goddamnit. link

cool, I was able to parse the first one though.
ESPN.com has not available half the time.

Only in conference. They were a borderline tournament team before. If you want NFL stuff, ESPN.com seems to have it. The NFL coverage of ‘is it free agency or isn’t it?’ ‘will there be a labor deal?’ last week was exhausting.

First off, Mom says thanks for sucking her dick.

She then wondered why anyone would need to know today what would not matter until the fall NFL season. Maybe the Preseason? That matters naught as well though.

Trades for your team are important? Your team has a website, so does every team.

Seriously though, it’s nowhere near football season, the networks have no reason to cover it, and you have as much internet coverage as you want.

Serious sports fans already know that Le Charles Bentley was drafted by the Browns, they also know that this will not really help them, and that the Giants will win the Super Bowl.

Aw, YEAH!!!

Cardinals fans are quite happy today!

James

Intriguing. That’s great news for you guys.

As a Colts fan, though, I’m torn. Sure, James leaving allows them to find a younger RB in the draft, but James was such an important part of the team, and the Manning “chemistry,” that I worry about someone else getting the scheme.

I’d venture to say that James WAS wanted back by most of the Colts brass, and most of the fans. Despite what he may have though.

Skins got Randle-El after he turned down an offer from the Bears.

As for the OP… eh. On this particular weekend, I can’t say I blame ESPN particularly much for focusing on the conference tournaments and bracket selection. The coverage for signings on NFL.com is pretty good, and ESPN has the “big” stuff as either breaking news or headlines as it comes up, so… shrugs.

The New York Giants on Friday reached agreement with former Miami Dolphins cornerback Sam Madison on a four-year contract.

Is it a good signing, he is 31?

Not particularly, but it’s not terrible. He’s probably a downgrade from Will Allen in every respect except catching. (Not as fast, not as good a tackler, not as good in coverage, and not as young.) He’s not as good as Peterson in pretty much any way, but Willy P is broken and done anyway. sigh

Much more important is that we lost DT Kendrick Clancy to the Cardinals. The Giants organization is actually pretty pissed about that one. Because we gave him a 1 year veteran minimum contract last year, he was not only a UFA, but it also prohibited us from negotiating with him until the league new year, which is the start of free agency.

We fully intended to re-sign him, but at 12:15am – 14 minutes into the league new year – he was on the phone with the Cardinals, and his agent put him on the next flight to Arizona. He signed with them basically without ever even considering the Giants. Doh!

Overall, if last year’s free agency was an A for the Giants, this year has so far been a D. Signing Arrington would bump that up to a B- at best. And I’m not liking any of the other names I’ve been hearing about, either. Well, that’s not quite true. I’m actively disliking all the other names I’ve been hearing about. Basically, at this point I’m praying that we just sign Fiedler and then hit the draft.

Even moreso than Arizona, the big news is coming out of Washington. They picked up Gluehands McCircusCatch in Brandon Lloyd from the 'niners, and then just to show off they also nabbed Randle El. So now their 3WR set has Moss, Randle El and Lloyd. (And don’t forget about Cooley!) Thankfully they don’t have a QB, or they might win the division easily. (Put it this way: the best the Giants can hope for is to pick up the castoff OLB the Redskins didn’t even bother to start.)

Your maddenism is showing … :wink:

BTW, stop depending on the evil empire.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Don’t tease. Do you think Madison is good?

Allen is undeniably faster and younger, and is one of the better tackling cornerbacks around. Aside from several well-publicized instances of being burned, (when he was supposed to be getting safety help that was 20 yards out of position,) he actually has shown good coverage skills throughout his career.

Keep in mind that all those years where the Giants owned the Vikings, it was Will Allen on an island locked up man to man with Randy Moss. And they never managed to even keep the score close.

Wow, Bulger, Boldin, Fitzgerald, James…What could go wrong?

Oh. That’s right. Green.

I agree with you Duffer, I’m seeing a lack of news.

Here’s some local news for the Jersey guys:

Jets, Giants prepared to scrap plans for new stadium

Your new governor sucks balls.