Even the loss of life isn't dampening my enjoyment

I’m sorry, but I had to share this.

I have a relatively common name IRL, but my mom chose to spell it somewhat uncoventionally. My spelling is not unheard of (she took it from a Steinbeck title), but the majority of people who have the same name spell it differently from how I do.

So of course, I’m CONSTANTLY getting things, notes, emails, even from close friends, with the more common but still incorrect spelling of my name.

This is all about to change, if only because for the first time in my life, people are running in terror at the sound of my name.

Who am I? My name is Charley.

So you freely admit to being a blow-hard?

:smiley:

wipes coke off the monitor and keyboard

Thanks. I needed that laugh. :slight_smile:

I was gonna guess your name was Grapes.

No; Wrath would have been closer: The main roads out of the Grand Strand were clear Saturday morning, very different from about eight hours earlier when bumper-to-bumper traffic stretched for about 60 miles as people evacuated from Charley’s path. You BETTER evacuate from my path.

I’d just like to say that I resent the implication that I have a special disliking toward old people in trailers.

Although it is pretty cool to find out I have an aftermath. I never thought of myself as someone with an aftermath.

You and Al Nino should get together for a beer.

So how’s Algernon doing?

You certainly do. Could you please try not to veer to the west and take out either my in-laws in Greensboro or my parents in Western Maryland? They promise to fear your wrath and all… :wink:

I think I should start asking for protection money. Pay me to stay away. You do NOT want me openin a can of aftermath on your ass.

(What do you get the man who has everything? An aftermath!)

I must admit that I have a similar problem, although there is no loss of life in my case. My name is Lindsay, and the only good thing about Lindsay Lohan is that she spells her name correctly. Now perhaps people will stop trying to call me Lindsey.

So you’re named after a dog? Good book, though.

My friend Irene very much enjoyed Hurricane Irene about six years ago. The highlight for her was a newspaper headline that said “GET OUT OF IRENE’S WAY.”

Yes; today I’m telling people you BETTER get outta my path.

Hurricane Matthew is coming up later this season.

I’m happy :slight_smile:

There are never enough hurricanes in one year that my name has a chance to come up. I’m jealous. :frowning:

If your aftermath ruins my carpet I’m gonna be really pissed.

Alas, there will probably never be a Hurricane Kelly.

Well Mr. Big Stuff, looks like I’ve already had an aftermath this year! So there! :stuck_out_tongue:

You were named after a Poodle? And you admit it? :eek:
(d&r)

Yeah, thank you so much for destroying my MIL’s pool by dumping her neighbor’s oak tree through her screened enclosure.

And killing her power for two days.

And wiping out the town of Punta Gorda.