Ever been thinking fondly of a celebrity...

Funny you should mention him, everytime I hear “Very First Lie”, his death hits me.

I would also like to add Bradley Nowell to the list. I can’t count how many times I’ve thought, “God, I cant wait until he puts out his nex—wait, no…”

And I always get a little bummed when I realize that Dean Martin isn’t around anymore… especially around Christmas time. :frowning:

I guess Mitch Hedberg would count.

Uh-huh.

And Sharri Lewis.

I’m not even a sports fan, and I still miss Johnny Most. (Of course, if you’re not from the Boston area between ~1950 to 1990 you’ll have no idea who he might have been.)

I also still feel a little sad to see Jerry Orbach’s image with the ubiquitous reruns on cable.

Seconded.

It’s a shame that Phil Hartman has died, and Horatio Sanz won’t.

:frowning: Gilda Radner . Such a shining talent , taken far too soon .

I only learned recently that Denholm Elliot died back in 1990. Great character actor.

Here’s another: Lane Smith. Just died.

Whenever I hear “Corpus Christi Carol” or “Hallelujah, I Know It’s Over” by Jeff Buckley I get very, very sad. I think he would have been a legend.
I miss Layne Staley of Alice in Chains. I miss Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon.
Farley. Hartman. Carol O’Connor. Even though it was low-brow entertainment, I miss the wrestler Owen Hart. He made that stuff so fun to watch because he could be such an over the top bad guy. Sigh.

“Man. You really like Tide.”

Even tho we saw it coming, it still bit big time to hear the news.

“Food reaches its optimum flavour potential when it falls.”

Phil Hartman was a biggie for me, too. Why do the funny geniuses die young? Candy, Belushi, Farley, etc… (Yeah, I know. Most of these guys were from drugs, the other a murder.)

I was listening to the song “Stand by Me” the other day and I quickly got to thinking about how River Phoenix was dead. It really put me in a funk.

Every time I watch a John Candy movie I get sad as well.

I’ll agree with Layne, Mitch, Phil, Owen and Jerry Orbach.

Hell, I still don’t think of Lenny as being dead, since I gave up on the new L&O episodes a while ago.

I was at work a few weeks back and we were trying to remember whether or not Peter O’Toole was still alive. I checked later and he is.

You guys want this thread.

Also with Candy, wasn’t it just because of his size?

So many wrestlers have died over the last few years, and sadly, many of them were from drug abuse (muscle relaxants and painkillers in lots of cases). I got into wrestling shortly before Owen’s death in the summer of 1999, and that is one of the saddest of all because it was so tragic and unnecessary, and not due to any mistakes or problems he made in his own life. Plus, wasn’t it live, during a Pay-Per-View?

Not entirely. I’m not about to say that his weight wasn’t a factor, but his father died at age 35 of a heart attack. With that kind of family history, a number of people decide that there’s nothing they can do to avoid their fate, so why bother?

Interesting. Still, I apologise to Candy fans for appearing to imply drug use. A typo of sorts it was.

Superman. :frowning:
But then, DC brought him back to life again. Which means that now they can kill him again. :frowning:

I had been recently wondering about Frank Gorshin, Then I saw him on the season finale of CSI and thought, “oh good, glad to see he’s still working”.Then the “in memory of…” came up at the end of the show. Bummer. :frowning: