Ever been to a live CD recording/video shoot?

Inspired by this thread, I got to wondering.

How many people here have been to the recording of a live album? Or appeared in a video?

I was on hand for the second night of recording for the Allison Krause and Union Station live CD. They also filmed the performance for video/DVD, but I have yet to pick it up to see if I’m in it.

Anyone else have any stories to tell?

I was at the concert that was recorded for Arab Strap’s “Mad for Sadness” album. I didn’t actually know it was being recorded for a live album at the time though…

I was at the concert that was recorded for Arab Strap’s “Mad for Sadness” album. I didn’t actually know it was being recorded for a live album at the time though…

I’ve only been on bootlegs so I don’t think that counts. I’ve always wanted to see if I can be on a live album, but as of yet I haven’t been.

I was at the first night of Black Crowes Live album in Boston in 2001. I was also at both Bonnaroo Festivals and my buddy is on the first DVD (If you saw it, he is the long haired guy who says hippies suck). I am not in anything personally, but it is nice to be able to listen to show where you had fun.

I was at the Jeff Buckley show on “Live in Chicago,” (along with doper Equipoise)and in the invitation-only audience for the recording session that produced the album “Count Your Blessings” (along with doper Equipoise).

Yep. Two of 'em, in fact, though nothing mainstream.

The first was a live promo CD by the Seattle thrash metal band Sanctuary, recorded on 5/12/90 at Reseda’s Country Club (which is closed down or operating under a new name, I forget which.) I can even hear my voice shouting “ALICE!!!” during the intro to their cover of “White Rabbit” – there’s a sound clip on my website, but apparently, nobody can pick out my voice except me. I’m there, though. :wink:

The second was at Genesis, Wembley Stadium 7/4/87. The show was broadcast live on BBC radio and while it was never released officially (I’m sure bootlegs exist, though) the song “Brazilian” was included on their second box set. You can’t hear my voice on this one, though – even though I was in the fifth row, the other 100,000 voices kinda drowned me out.

I was at the concert where Lou Reed’s video for “Busload of Faith” was shot, and also at the concert where Guided By Voices’ album For All Good Kids was recorded.

The Pearl Jam show I was at this summer was recorded for an upcoming DVD. And the live CD, naturally.

I was at Spoon’s Austin City Limits taping…it was schweeet…

I’ve been to two Pearl jam shows, both released as “official bootlegs.” (of course)