EVERCLEAR RULES!!!

I used to think that Greenday was the best, but now I’m turning twoard Everclear. Their message is just a little more exact, fine and to the point. Their 2 new albums are really good, but I think that So Much For the Afterglow" was the best.

Everclear is one of my favorite bands.

Their new albums are outstanding. I love the overriding theme of them: A guy kind of looking back, looking ahead, taking stock of his life and sifting through the wreckage of a failed marriage/relationship. And all of the emotions that go along with all of that.

Agreed that “Afterglow” is a great album, too.

In case you haven’t, be sure to also check out “Sparkle and Fade,” which was the CD that really got me into Art and the boys. “Santa Monica,” “Heroin Girl,” “Heartspark Dollar Sign” and a bunch of other great tunes.

Whoa, yeah, i’m totally with you guys on this one. Everclear has been one of my favorite bands for a long time. My absolute favorite song by them is the last track on Songs from an American Movie Volume 1: Learning How to Smile. It’s called Annabelle’s Song. I’m not sure who Annabelle is, but it the best song they’ve ever done…or at least one of them.
They are coming to town (Detroit) soon with Lifehouse and Matchbox (neither of which I like as much as Everclear), but I’m incredibally bummed out, because the show sold out really quickly, and I didn’t get a chance to get tix.
But yeah, they’re awesome, and I’m glad there are those of like mind.

Annabelle is frontman/songwriter Art Alexakis’ daughter. The one referred to in the opening song of Vol. 1, and the closing song of Vol. 2 as well.

Just don’t try doing shots, or else you’ll wake up the next morning naked from the waste down, with chemical burns running the length of your esophagus. Trust me on this one.

And here I thought this thread was about a beverage… :wink:

O

Vidi Vici Veni!

Me too! I was just about to share my story about a swimming pool, a Yugo, and a Rubbermaid trashcan filled with red punch. It’s just as well, I suppose.

And I like Everclear the band, BTW.

All their songs seem to sound the same, with different beginnings. Now, don’t get me wrong, the one song they wrote :wink: is pretty good, but I couldn’t in good conscience say that ‘they rule’.

Shit sandwich.