Every time I see Ruth Bader Ginsburg's name in the news, I am scared.

"
How about what’s “best” for the country?

This her third fall (that we know of). It sounds like she is not even wearing one of those “fall monitors” around her neck because no one knew about this latest fall until she called the police the next morning. So how many times has she really fallen? What if she hits her head next time? Do you really think there won’t be a next time? She could be on the floor “bleeding out” from a relatively minor head wound because of her stubbornness.

Cost is not an issue. Do you how many hundreds of highly qualified medical personal that would gladly volunteer their time to sit outside her residence in some kind of unobtrusive mobile medical unit?

Maybe her doctor can get through to her.

If she checks out, President Trump is easily going to get Amy Coney Barrett confirmed by the Senate and there will be blood in the streets. Something no sane person wants.

Mangosteen, I honestly do believe they could find dozens of volunteers to be on nearby standby to ensure Ruth Bader Ginsburg would get immediately help when needed. Possibly hundreds willing to do so. Hell, the DNC would probably put up some stipend money for it to help out or it could be crowd-funded.

I’m not denying anything you say, except that, without her consent, there’s nothing you can do. If she wants to live alone, and not have someone checking on her on an hourly basis, that’s her right. If her doctor or family can convince her otherwise, great. If they can’t, there really is nothing to be done.

This doesn’t sound possible. The republican side of the Court is still part of a team, and Republicans in Congress rely pretty heavily on the votes of old white people. Medicaid could go away, maybe, because it benefits plenty of people who don’t vote Republican. But Medicare and Social Security? How could that be possible? At worst, they could influence the gradual increase in the age of eligibility – and that actually makes logical sense as longevity has gradually increased since the beginnings of these programs.

Sadly, I can’t imagine Bader hanging on until 2024.

If a Repub wins in 2020 that seat will probably flip.

Maybe a deal could be made to appoint a very moderate Justice. It won’t be a liberal Justice like Bader.

Two of the more liberal justices are unlikely to make it to 2024, so the Dems need to beat Trump or the court will really be stacked to the right. Stephen Breyer is 80 already. The rest are 70 or younger.

Hooray!

There’s more news now: RBG had to have cancerous growths removed from her lungs.