Evil bitch learn to drive!

The MacDairmuid, pissing people off just because they pissed you off first is road rage too.

My single most important rule in traffic: never make eye contact, unless you made a mistake and want to apologise to the other driver.

I’ll pass a slow driver when I can, and it could be an illegal pass (for example, you can’t pass in the right hand lane over here - but I do at times). I will never look at the other driver, or worse, gesture at them. There’s too much agression already, and life’s just too short.

Great rant though, Osip.

Just this morning on my way to work with Mr2U (remember him - the poster child for road rage I have mentioned in the past?) - we got behind someone driving who was apparently afflicted with a bad case of HUA (head up ass). Turns out it was only a bad case of “I’m so important that I must be on my cellphone and therefore be oblivious to surrounding traffic and what a dickforbrains I’m driving like”. It was great when the cops pulled him over. :smiley:

I can understand, if not forgive, the timid elderly. You see nothing but a pair of hands at the top of the wheel of a gigantic land yacht, you can expect this sort of thing.

I was once stuck behind a brand new Mustang 5.0 full of teenagers doing about 20kph below the posted limit. Fine weather, good lighting, no problems other than the fact that when Daddy bought Junior the nice shiny car he forgot to inquire as to whether Junior knew what the clutch was for.

Qadgop the Mercotan… They are not only suggestions around here. Besides the gentle curves kept me from seeing far enough ahead to pass in a safe manner.

Lsura… This happened in Tennessee you can keep the blue hairs thank you very much.

badmana… Thanks :slight_smile:

Zebra… to damn funny

Coldfire… Thanks :slight_smile: it would have been a better rant if cops had been involved. The whole “we are Legion” and Pigs ;j

2trew… Yes I can reluctantly understand this… I would prefer to have them drive at a speed they feel safe at. Just irksome when I am behind them.

No Saphire, that’s not quite how it went.

I’ve been followed into a McDonalds for going around a guy who was doing 50 in the right lane of the freeway. (Big deal, what’s the problem?)

I was followed into a gas station by a guy who pulled out and drove 35 mph in the left lane of a 50 zone. I simply drove past him in the right lane, not even looking at him or thinking about him as I talked to my cow-orker in my passenger seat. For this, the guy followed me 2 miles to the gas station and got out screaming threats at me. The other customers out pumping their gas all ran for cover. I did NOT threaten him, I simply told him, very forcefully, that he was a dumbfuck and that he should get back into his car and LEAVE. Again, I made no threats, mentioned no violence, suggested no consequences. But apparently, my standing up to him was all that was required to get him to back down and leave.

I’ve been followed into restaraunts and parking lots by (usually old) people who wanted to warn me about my “speed”. Twice this has happened on Hwy 55, where the speed limit is 50 and I was driving between 45 and 50. But they were driving 30-35 and NOT reading the signs. I didn’t flip them off or do anything other than go around them in the right lane.

Once, on 35W, after passing a man in the right lane doing 65 (the speed limit at that point), he decided to charge up on my right, roll down his window, scream obscenities and wave his finger at me, accusing me of “speeding” (yeah sure, buddy, and you’re doing what?). The look on his face when I calmly pointed at the speed limit 65 sign on his right was absolutely priceless.

Oh yeah, and I once had an old man SIT in the left lane through a green light (blocking traffic and making others scream at HIM) so that he could scream at me (sitting in the left turn lane) for daring to pass him a few miles back on a 2-lane, speed limit 45 road, when he was doing all of 15 freaking miles per hour. There was NO oncoming traffic and I didn’t do anything dangerous, or make any gestures or say anything to him when I did so. He was also sleeping at the stop signs (at the first, 3 cars came and went from one direction before he drove through it. At the second, it was FOUR freaking cars coming from our right before he woke up enough to go. And gee, I only honked at him twice!)

There ARE those people out there!