Explain Firefly

I do remember that moment. The first of many, many very good moments. Okay, you have all at least convinced me to rent the series and check it out. And don’t worry Silenus if I like, I promise to go out and buy. Thank you everyone for delivering the Firefly goods. I appreciate it.

Yeah, the WB is not exactly on my happy list these days. (How’s that for hijackin’ my own thread??)

Really, really good, either that or a series of movies.

Warning: here there be spoilers. And fanfic. And slashfic. And pictures of the cast members in various states of undress. Work-safe until you start clicking on obviously iffy links.

I’ll be in ma bunk.

Okay, but I need to fall in love with someone to pull me into these things. Who will be Spike for me in Firefly?

I’d say either Mal or Simon. There’s also Wash but he’s married and very devoted to his wife.

For me it’s Jayne.

Uh, Jeff. Wash isn’t married to Inara. He’s married to Zoe.

You people forgot to mention that Kaylee is cute. Shame on you all!

Whoops, got confused. Thanks for the catch.

Ditto. Oh, yeah.

JOhn :smiley:

Jayne has his moments that makes him extremely endearing, but this devoted Spike-fan fell fast and hard for Captain Mal. He’s so gorram hot.

Wash is uber-cute. I really like the cut in a man’s forearm. He has a great cut, especially the opening credits when he’s piloting the ship and the going is rough. HOT!

My favourite cliché-destroying bit (and there are an awful lot of them):

Mal is in violent fistfight with the man who had earlier tortured him severely. Zoe, Jayne and Wash come running in to rescue Mal.

Zoe: [seeing Mal locked in struggle, gives instructions to Jayne and Wash] Stay back, this is someting the Captain has to do for himself.
Mal: [desperately] No, it’s not!
Zoe: Oh. [she, Jayne and Wash put about fifty bullets into torturer]

Brilliant.

Some of you ladies have a thing for Jayne when his IQ is smaller than his shoe size and he tried to sell the crew out?

It’s Wagon Train to the stars.

What?

Does anyone else with the DVDs have, in “Objects in Space,” a glitch/freeze in the scene where Jubal is explaining himself on the bridge? Or am I the lucky one? Can’t watch the gorram ep without missing what’s a fairly crucial scene and I didn’t discover it until it was after the return period so the store wouldn’t exchange it for me.

“They say that mercy is the quality of a great man. <stab> Guess I’m just pretty good. <stab> Well, I’m alright.”

Candid, make that six compliments.

Otto: No problems with mine. Have you tried contacting the manufaturer? They might be willing to replace the disc. At the very least, it’ll be cheaper than buying a whole new set. Bummer, too, because that’s the best episode of the series, and has one of the better DVD commentary tracks I’ve ever heard.

I haven’t gotten that far yet (just finished disc 2) but I’ll let you know.

Shoot, that don’t matter. The man is Hot. Watch that scene in “Ariel” where he gets stitches on his chest if you need specific evidence.

Kaylee is beyond cute! Totally, completely, unbelieveably, heart-stoppingly cute! And the flashback as to how Mal met her was priceless. :smiley:

I watched the potential defenestration scene thinking, "This is Firefly.
He’s really gonna do it. Please.

:slight_smile: