Explain this T-shirt slogan

At the end of the March 17 SNL as the credits are rolling, Cecily Strong is wearing a T-shirt with the slogan “You got this O” or You got this 0" (last character is either the letter “O” or the digit zero).

Does anyone know the significance of this, if any?

Maybe its a factory reject she got in a thrift shop. I have one that says “Leave Freely Anywhere”. I suspect some third world sweatshop got the order wrong, as non-native speakers of English often can’t hear the difference between “leave” and “live”, and these all got remaindered.

Thrift shops are full of shirts that say totally inane things on them that no real person would ever have have thought was appropriate and paid retail for. I’ve always wondered why they were manufactured in the first place, and whether they were ever bought, before starting their way down to GoodWill or Ropa Americana or Ukay ukay…

As an occasional Goodwill volunteer I can attest that this is very true.

It could have been a personal message to somebody she knew.

Maybe it was referring to Oprah.

You get the same effect with t-shirts made in Japan with “English” captions on them. Often howlingly weird, and done without irony.

Dammit jebert, you cannot explain fashion.

A reference to Oprah at least makes a bit of sense.

Why, thank you.

As someone else said I would guess it was a private message for a friend. It’s not uncommon for cast embers to hold seemingly cryptic signs during the end of the show like “Good Luck E” etc. In this case they went through the trouble to get it put on a shirt I guess.

Could it have been a six-year-old campaign shirt (and hence referring to Obama)?

I suspect the message was/is “You really should run for president in 2020 Oprah. If you do, you’ll win.”

The fun part is trying to figure out what the sign means before you get burnt by the thrown embers.

That burns.

Oops :slight_smile:

It was often amusing to see those shirts end up being worn by people in the 3rd world. The one that sticks in my mind was “Wine Me, Dine Me, 69 Me”, worn by a wizened old African woman in Mali.

Even English to English can be bad, especially when acronyms are used. I see a shirt every now and then with a picture of a burning skull, with IYAOYAS printed under it. It took me a couple days to figure that one out.

If You Ain’t Ordnance, You Ain’t Shit