Falwell-haters, guess who is picketing what!

Breaking News
Phelps to picket own funeral

Fred Phelps, pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church, announced today that he would picket his own funeral “Death is no excuse in the fight against sin, dying will make me a fag enabler, I deserve to burn in hell”.
Phelps’ family agreed, “Dad is so right, in fact the time our family wastes eating and sleeping instead of picketing is a sin too. Guess we’re all gonna go to hell”.

Update
Westboro Baptist Church implodes after bubble of self-righteousness bursts

CMC fnord!

Have you ever thought of combining the two by writing MY SISTER THE LESBIAN: THE MUSICAL? I’m seeing “Liza Minnelli’s come back!” and “Jodie Foster SINGS!” in great big lights.

Waitagoddam minute… Jodie sings??? :eek:

Maybe Phelps will start a GodHatesJesus website.

Exhibit A: Sent him to Earth for the express purpose of being beaten to a bloody pulp and nailed to a stake.

I’ll buy it.

Not to mention He was a God-forsaken Jew.

I did click on the link. The passage is a long rant, but observe this passage:

Didja catch that? BANG!

Daniel

These are the things that make me so happy that I am an atheist.

I’ve read that before but reading it still brings tears to my eyes. There aren’t many people I pity more than Phelps’ children. I’ve met (briefly) a couple of his daughters. They are genuinely messed. I’ve seen the way Phelps acts in person. It completely jibes with this article - he loves being the center of attention. He just eats it up.

A terrible story all around.

Well, in all fairness, Phelps felt betrayed when Falwell refused to back his Mandatory Death Penalty For Fags initiative.

There are those who contend that this has already happened! :eek:

OK, seriously now …

Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if a good Christian were determined to break through Fred’s control. I mean, really determined, to the point of putting up with whatever evil they could rain down on him. The real turn-the-other-cheek Believer who just would not give up, no matter what.

Right after Falwell’s death, I happened to be watching the news where they were getting reactions from various famous people, and I heard Rev. Jesse Jackson say that Jerry Falwell had a “heart of gold.”

I didn’t pay close enough attention to Jerry Falwell to be able to give an informed opinion of the guy, but with an endorsement like that, I’m willing to concede that at least he wasn’t Evil Incarnate. Phelps, on the other hand…

Okay, this made me laugh. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Yeah, cold and hard.

Even the Ku Klux Klan has publically denounced the WBC.

I’ve been watching the linked “Most Hated Family” vid, dear Og, i had no idea that the phelpsdrones were that indoctrinated, brainwashed to the extent that they are…

the poor kids, mindlessly parroting the cult’s words of hate

the footage with the Prime Demon Itself (freddy phelps) was quite unnerving, i could feel the evil pouring off him, and this was from a poorly digitized streaming video, no less

there’s no doubt in my mind that the WBC IS a cult, a very dangerous cult…

what would solve the problem with the cult once and for all is if the USAF “accidentally misplaces” a MOAB bomb, directly over their compound…

actually, the cult should just be infiltrated and disrupted from within, send the Prime Demon and his minions to the Straight-Bar-Motel, and try to deprogram the kids

Good luck with that. Don’t forget to write!

Yeah, “infiltrating” the cult isn’t exactly going to work. The cult is an extended family. You can’t join the cult without joining the family. The cult isn’t trying to recruit new members like conventional cults, there’s no desire for new members except by birth. Again, actions of the church that seem bizarre and pointless are actually quite logical when you consider that they’ve got nothing to do with the outside world and everything to do with controlling the cult itself.

The anti-American picketing is purposefully designed to isolate the church from mainstream fundamentalist whacko churches, because if the kids could be friends with or go to church with all the other fag-hating bible-thumpers in America then Phelps would lose control over them. It has nothing to do with theology.

Naah, i have a more effective strategy for dealing with WBC’ers…

Ignore them, they thrive on any form of attention, good or bad, depriving them of attention really pisses them off

The difference is, Phelps is Mostly Harmless, because almost nobody has ever taken him seriously. Falwell, OTOH . . .

Except the rank and file aren’t out for “attention”. And Phelps himself doesn’t want attention, he wants control over his cult. Lack of bad attention would only piss him off if it meant his cult members weren’t so isolated.