Fargo S4

I have seen other women have the walk that crazy nurse has. Is there a term for it?

Yeah, not the best. Still Ok.

Oraetta had said something about spending a lot of time in the hospital because she was a sickly child. I assumed that was why she walked funny.

Not a bad episode to go out on, although I was disappointed in the season as a whole.

I liked the montage at the beginning of everyone who had already died (punctuated by the thin Mafia guy drawing a line across his own throat). And lots more whacked in this episode, of course.

I didn’t buy that Chris Rock would coolly, and dramatically, let his ex-protege-wannabe aim a gun at the back of his head for so long before having him garroted. That’s just Hollywood.

The title of the episode was “Storia Americana,” and there were odd, discordantly patriotic touches, including “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” played as the young don and the wacky nurse are dragged off to their deaths; a closeup of the American flag at the top of the split screen as Rock, his wife and daughters are driving along; and a whistled “America the Beautiful” after Rock delightedly finds Satchel back home.

Favorite lines: Young don (begging for his life): “Hasn’t there been enough killing?” Mook (after laughing) “Wait. Is that a serious question?”

Runner-up: New don: “Look at it this way: we’re not taking half, we’re leaving half.”

Anyone else notice that the nurse saw the reflection of the funeral-home ghost in the car window just before she’s killed?

Other than the dramatic effect of having Rock thinking his house has been broken into by intruders, why would Satchel leave the front door ajar? He’s smarter than that.

An anachronistic touch: I’m pretty sure that those were cellphone repeaters on the building with the big COLD STORAGE sign in the montage of downtown Fifties K.C.

Yeah, I knew Rock was a goner when he’s looking through the window at that happy family scene (including Satchel reading Dale Carnegie; a good callback to the Barton Arms episode).

Not sure what to make of the schoolgirl, evidently now grown up, picking up two suitcases and walking off at the end, having been seated in front of Rock’s painting of the Moorish executioner. Maybe to show she was stepping away from the criminal life so many others in the season had lived (and died from)?

And it was great to see Mike Milligan in the car at the very end, with one of the mute twins from his posse from S2. Another nice callback; kudos to the Dopers who earlier figured out the connection (even if the years don’t quite work out).

I see it is all up on Hulu and I haven’t seen any of season 4.

Honest, non-spoiler, answer:

Was it good?

Often good, but not overall good, and certainly not great, I would say.

Why didn’t Rock have security at his house? Even though he made a deal with the Mafia and killed a black competitor there are all kinds of other enemies he would have–simply by virtue of his past actions.

A passable way to kill time, but no rewatch value, unlike the previous three seasons (and the movie.)

He was down by around 30 people. How many of his guys were still alive?

Not great, but worth watching.

The worst season of the series, but still decent enough to watch. Certainly not bad, but there is a bit too much meh.

I think that she was in front of the actual painting in Paris.

I’d rate it better than season 3, but it’s not great. It’s… decent.

It has been mentioned before that Chris Rock, as much as I like him, doesn’t seem like he has the powerful presence a mob boss would have. This was very apparent in one scene where he quickly retorts to the Italians. His voice goes all squeeky and whiny.

I picture Samuel L Jackson playing in this series.

Yeah, I think his acting was actually pretty good. He just doesn’t have the voice to make you believe him.

“Say you’re taking my son one more time, mother fucker!”

I’ve held off commenting, as we just finished watching the series in a binge week. I thought it was Season 3 good, but far short of Season 2’s excellence and Season 1’s goodness. The actors worked their asses off despite having a difficult script to work with. As someone mentioned, I tipped to Satchel becoming Mike Milligan early on.

There were some gun issues: a seven shot revolver (not impossible, but unlikely), and repeated cocking of guns already cocked, and one scene of someone cocking a revolver, then the next camera shot showing the hammer down.

The only anachronism for the 1950 time period that I spotted was a reference to Play-Doh. While the product that the toy derived from (a wallpaper cleaning product) existed at that time, the Play-Doh name was not used until the mid-1950s.

Bottom line: we enjoyed most of it, but likely wouldn’t watch it again.

I’m sure I’ll watch other seasons of Fargo, if there are any, but I know I’ll never watch this particular season again.

Same here. I was saving the episodes up until around 7 or 8, then decided not to bother.

There are 7, 8 and 9 shot revolvers- and that before we get into the weird stuff.

The Nagant M1895 Revolver was a seven-shot revolver and fairly common.