Farmers Only dot com

Maybe it was made up, and the real life version copied it. I mean, Trump got the idea to run for president from The Simpsons.

I’ve seen the Dogpatch ruins! There were (and may still be) websites devoted to it.

There was a Doper who knew the [del]meal[/del] victim.

There was an earlier version where Country Gal sees her guy in a boat with (presumably ) City Slicker Gal. Country Gal pulls out her tackle box and fishin’ rod, hooks CS girl, pulls her out of the boat (to be eaten by gators?) and Country Gal and Mr. Dreamboat live happily ever after.
I live with the target audience for these ads everyday.

I’ve been to the park when it was open. Wasn’t much to speak of. The cave was fun, though. I was very young.
I’ve seen the ruins too. Someone had bought it. We all thought it would reopen. The popularity of Branson gave someone hopes of cashing in, I think.

You must live close to me. I live in the epi-center of these folks. In fact, some are my relatives.

It’s been a while but it’s on State Road 7 if I recall. A very scenic drive for a flatlander from Indiana.

Yeah, just checked. Dogpatch

Nope, we got 'em here too.

Used to do a kayak trip every spring to the Big Piney, near Dover which is near Russellville which is north of…Little Rock maybe?

I have no idea why they chose the name “Farmers Only”, as their apparent demographic is low life rednecks. The type that just whittles around, drinks cheap beer and throws the empty cans up into the air to shoot at. At least real farmers are busy producing food for the (mostly ungrateful) population.

I’m off my soapbox.

I gotta say, there are some extremely attractive women that buy into this whole mindset.

I may live in a middle class Cleveland suburb, but I just got home from a visit to the little grandson and as I walked to the back door a shotgun blast rang out. Oh, well it’s New Years Eve. Followed by the distinctive rattle of a load of number 7’s cascading through the trees in the back yard. I guess we aren’t all that civilized.

There are couple of small farms a half mile down the road.

Dennis

“A great date like that, you don’t want to eat him all at once.”

One year when we were camping at Longpool, we went to Russellville in search of a bar. Arkansas law, at the time, dictated that you had to be a member of the establishment to buy alcohol. So the way it worked was that one member of our party bought a membership and the rest of us were his guests. Worked out to a reasonable cover charge for each of us.

We partied with a bachelorette party with some very attractive girls, several of which had a wad of tobacco in their cheek and a spit cup while also smoking cigarettes. And they were a feisty bunch!

A couple guys in our group started making some moves, local boys noticed and disapproved. We were forced to retreat.

Ahhh…good times.

For anyone wanting to set up a parody site, I note that farmersboneme.com is still available.

Or there’s farmersanally.com, ploughmyfurrow.com

But rednecksonly.com is not available, nor is whitesonly.com

Yep. Women can be pretty ‘rustic’ in Arkansas. The county I live there is a standing ‘law of the land’, if your husband/shackup leaves you and your kids for a chick who gets knocked-up. Your sister is then allowed to go beat down her sister ( or mom, or bff) at the local bar. Unless… big one…she is not old enough to get in the bar. Then they can beat her up after school. Points if they get arrested for it.

Arkansas, Indiana…is there a difference, really?

Another weird (to me) thing I noticed, at that club in Arkansas, was that after the live band finished a song, no one applauded or showed any love at all. After about the third song, (southern rock) (done very well), I started clapping and shouting approvingly. The band appreciated it for sure, but the people in the audience looked at me like I’d lost my mind.

Funny, I have family in Indiana. A bother , cousins. An aunt or two. In Alexandria and Anderson.
The band was probably all kin to everyone in the bar. They have been hearing the same songs for years. Maybe they were bored.

ETA that private club thing is to keep undesirables out. Sad but true.

Hell yeah there’s a difference! Beautiful Ozark Mountains vs. endless flatlands covered in corn and soybeans. Sorry, wasn’t thinking.