Favorite Coen brothers movie

Well, it definitely keeps the stylized quirkiness to a minimum–maybe because they’re being faithful in adapting someone else’s work (in tone as well as content) instead of letting some of their more signature touches play front and center.

It only seems that after a long 3-way horse race, one film is slowly breaking into the lead.

No problem! :slight_smile:

Such complete and unadulterated bullshit. And stuff your so-called apology.

I appreciate the apology: folks who discount other folks’ taste as herdism are incredibly irritating, whether they’re talking about liking the Coen brothers or liking Madonna, talking about liking McDonald’s or liking foie gras.

I’ve seen a lot of their movies, but my favorite if I had to choose would be Hudsucker Proxy. The hard-bitten girl reporter is the epitome of the archetype, and the genial ingenue inventor is just perfect. The movie leaves me ridiculously happy. You know, for kids!

The Big Lebowski is the only one on the list I like.

OK. I’ll retract the part of my apology that was directed at you.

Had to go with Fargo. I could marry Margie.

Oh, and “We must all have waffles forthwith!”

Of the small number of Coen brothers movies I’ve seen, I really liked Barton Fink.

I would like to see Burn After Reading, but somehow any time I get a movie out on netflix, as opposed to tv episodes, we never get around to watching it. Apparently finding two straight hours to commit to anything but Ace of Cakes marathons is impossible for Mr. Wild. I should just watch the damn film myself.

Very tight choice between O Brother and Raising Arizona, but I went with the former. The only one on this list I haven’t seen is No Country for Old Men.

“I don’t want Fop, goddammit! I’m a Dapper Dan man!”

This is Cafe Society, not the Pit – keep it civil, please.