Favorite Muppet Show moments

For Raquel and Miss Piggy, it was** I’m a Woman**.

Now that you mention yet I can see the strong resemblance between Beaker and Rick Astley.

Whenever I hear “For What It’s Worth” I think of the Muppets.

Two words: Danny Boy

Three of my favorite muppets together! Thanks for that. Does it say something about me that my favorite muppets are all incoherent?

Never let actual words get in the way of good comedy.

Somewhat related: Last night the Muppets were on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. My favorite bits were lines from Statler and Waldorf: “Move that bus! Onto the bear!” and “Hey, Pennington! Get a haircut!”

And Crazy Harry was a natural for the demo sequence.

Discourse on Nudity

Okay - now I want to own a home so I can have a home theater and do that too. . .

I’m at work so can’t link - but some of my favorites off the top of my head are:

Danny Kay singing “Inch Worm”
Paul Simon singing “Scarborough Fair”
Buffalo Springfield’s “For What It’s Worth (stop children, what’s that sound)”

That was pretty good too, especially when Miss Piggy interrupted and demanded to know why anyone would make a dress out of a food sack.

Thanks for the correction about Cheryl Ladd, JThunder. I was wondering why I seemed to remember two songs with Welch and Miss P. And of course a sex goddess destroying a set doesn’t make as much sense as a Charlie’s Angel doing it.

My favorites:

• I’m In Love With A Big Blue Frog

• Rolf trying to get Sam to cooperate in a Tit-Willow duet.

• Hugga-Wugga

• The aforementioned Turn the World Around with Harry Belafonte. Jim Henson loved that number so much that it was performed at his funeral.

• The sketch that featured the Swedish Chef trying to make turtle soup.

• The entire Marty Feldman episode.

I too remember the Raquel Welch episode as one of my favorites.

For the record, in reference to a prior reply, I keep expecting anyone named Kizarvexious to say (quack), but I suppose that would be Willie, not Kizarvexious.

I have had this song in my head for about a week now. My boyfriend is stuck with Never Smile at a Crocodile.

No love for the master, Vincent Price?:eek::confused::frowning:

And on New Years’ Eve, the master turns into Guy Lombardo!

There were actually two versions of this scene recorded, presumably for foreign audiences who would be unaware of Guy Lombardo (although it makes the joke less amusing). The Disney DVD release, besides removing the “You’ve Got A Friend” number due to inability to obtain the rights, uses the British version, which replaces Lombardo’s name with that of Muppet Show conductor Jack Parnell.

The planet Koozbane sketch from the episode with Dom DeLuise. Although the whole episode was a high point of a great show. YouTube link - @ about 5:05

Just as long as you don’t say the “d” word.

:wink:

Oh, me too. I loved his performance of “Welcome to My Nightmare,” too. I think the beginnings of my being an Alice fan run back to that episode.

I’ve never been an Alice Cooper fan but I love that episode. He does such a great job of sending up his own image that it’s impossible for me not to like him.

“Do I get a commission on hourly rentals?”

We have a bunch of Gamer Geeks and Readers Of Niche Periodicals here, apparently*.
*Fully aware that by posting that, I’m outing myself as one, also…