Who's your favorite Muppet?

How can anyone not like the Muppets?

I think my favorites are the two old guys in the balcony: Waldolf and ?

But it is always changing. Excellent cast of characters.

Nothing funny to add, check back tomorrow.

my favorite would be the one who lets me put my hand up his little empty muppet body :o

Animal.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto.

Shirley - the two old guys you like are Statler and Waldorf.

My personal favorite is Swedish Chef, mainly because I can do a killer impersonation of him (never fails to crack up the family). But I am also a huge Beaker and Animal fan.

If you like the Muppets than I have to highly recommend the Muppet CD Rom - Muppets Inside. The entire thing is worth it just to hear Beaker, Animal, and the Swedish Chef sing “Oh Danny Boy.”

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Statler: “Why do we always come here?”
Waldorf: “I guess we’ll never know.”
Statler: “It’s like some kind of torture,”
Both: “to have to watch this show !”
My favorite is still Gonzo. The one time I met Henson, back in 1989, somebody in our group asked him exactly WHAT Gonzo is, specieswise. He directed them to the credits of the Muppet Movie, which lists him as a “Little Blue Wierdo”.

“It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive”
Bruce Springsteen

Fozie Bear…he is too cuddly!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Traditional muppets??

Then its the Swedish Chef or Rawlf.

But overall right now it has to be Pepe the Prawn…

And yah anyone who can watch a muppet movie and still be sad is a freak. Definatly in need of medication. And lots of it!

Why are there so many…songs about rainbows…and whats on the other side…(tailing off into the cybervoid)

-Frankie

I’m not a shrimp, I’m a King Prawn.

-Pepe the Prawn

I used to watch the Muppets with my Dad (his inner child is alive and well, one thing I truly love about him!) and we got a big kick out of the two old fogeys trashing the show.

I also liked Animal, the master thespian. :wink:

Gonzo and his chickens, Swedish Chef. What about the uptight eagle? (whose name I forget). He was also a hoot.

Why should I care about posterity? What’s posterity ever done for me?

• Groucho Marx

Sam the Eagle.

If I could replace my Muppet knowledge with Biology, the common cold would probably be eradicated.

Then there is always Lew Zealand and his boomerang fish.

I always liked Scooter the best because he was always running around with his little clipboard, trying to organize the show. I also used to crack up everytime they’d show the Muppets from the feet up. Skinny little Muppet legs make me giggle.

muppets from space was awesome!

pepe was cool, but i like gonzo.

But if we can include sesame street guys, then super Grover is definitely the coolest.

We live in an age that reads to much to be wise, and thinks too much to be beautiful–Oscar Wilde

1. Gonzo
  2. Beaker
  3. The hippy girl in the band
  4. Statler and Waldorf
  5. Rolph

These are in no particular order. Others may be added a la the popularity thread.

HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

Beaker was the best. I used to love it when he would make an appearance on the cartoon Muppet Babies.

“Now, Bart, you don’t want to drink beer. That’s for daddies and kids with fake IDs.”

Sqrl

She’s Janice!

Oh man… Like, what a drag.

Gonzo

“If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

Elmo, or as my son called him, “Malmo.”

1: Sam The Eagle
2: Gonzo
3: Miss Piggy
4: Statler and Waldorf

I think I saw every episode of the Muppet Show in University. My favorite one was the one with Alice Cooper.

Oops, forgot about Animal and … aw to hell with it they were all good characters. i hope your smiling at us Jim

Keith

You want brilliance BEFORE I’ve had my coffee!!!

Statler and Waldorf rule! When I was going to school, there was a bar that was made out of the stage of an old theatre. They built a balcony there with life-sized Statler and Waldorfs sitting there.

Next favorite would have to be Sweetums, who had the clasic line from the original Muppet Movie,

“The large print givith, and the small print taketh away.”
Tom Waites, “Step Right Up”

The Swedish Chef – “Too-dah ve’re goink too mek da Turkey Mousse. First yew tek da turkey – bork bork bork.”

Though I do have a soft spot in my heart for all the chickens.

From the Muppet Show:

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem as a group, and Rowlf.

From Sesame Street:

Grover, with Guy Smiley and Kermit in a tie for (distant) second.