Favorite soundtrack from video games

Hello, random topic what was your favourite soundtrack from video games?

Mine was Dark Cloud - “Memories”

Whats yours? :slight_smile: you can mention has many favorite soundtrack as you want.

I like the Conalrad Radio mod for the Fallout games. The songs are hokey but funny and absolutely fit the mood of the game.

The Journey soundtrack is just wonderful.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - I don’t even have the game, but I listen to the full soundtrack on youtube a lot.

For games where I actually listen to the music in game, the Darkest Dungeon has the best soundtrack (and audio in general, with the narrator and awesome sound effects for all attacks). The music changes depeding on light level and changes in combat, and every dungeon and boss fight has their own music. Once it gets totally dark the music really gets going. This is “Combat in the Ruins”.

I liked the original Halo soundtrack, but I think my perception was affected by “new/shiny” syndrome. Brand new Xbox (first console I’d ever owned and I’d never had a decent gaming PC) and Halo was the first game I played on it. Everything seemed cool and glorious.

Subsequent games, I liked the closing credits song from Portal and the one from the iPad version of The Walking Dead. They both stood out enough that I purchased them.

Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Sonic Adventure were all extraordinary. As was Final Fantasy X, especially the Mount Gagazet theme, which really drove home the point of snowy isolation.

…The Last Ninja soundtrack. Composed by Ben Dalglish, released back in 1987.

Decades later I still find myself humming "The Wastelands" to myself.

(My favourite song goes to “War, never been so much fun” from Cannon Fodder and “Into the Wonderful” from Gods.)

Civilizations IV and V have great soundtracks but they probably exclude themselves on the basis that they are mostly made up of pre-existing classical music and world music pieces. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has excellent funk, reggae, hip-hop, rap and country radio-station selections but, again, they weren’t composed for the game.

I’m fond of the Professor Layton and the Curious Village soundtrack, but perhaps my favourite individual piece of music composed specifically for a game is from Sim City 4 - the jazzy “Urban Underground”.

Donkey Kong Country

Funny enough, that was the first one to come to mind. In keeping with the 8-bit days, I also liked the soundtrack from “Auf Wiedersehen Monty” (which was Dalglish and Rob Hubbard) as well as “Monty on the Run” by just Rob Hubbard.

For my money, the best soundtrack in any video game is Super Adventure Island. In fact, I’m going to go listen to it, right now.

metal gear solid games have great soundtracks

I have mgs and mgs2 soundtrack on compact disc

I neglected to mention my favourite game soundtrack: Minecraft by C418, aka Daniel Rosenfeld, with its almost Debussy-like tinges. (And my selections have divulged my partiality to vibraphones, metallophones and glockenspiels).

Going old school, I still listen to music from the driving game Outrun even though I haven’t played it in like 30 years.

Interplay’s Lord of The rings
Tetris Classic.

on PC Speaker (no bloody sound card).

Got chills just remembering the first one.

I suppose a game using real radio-played songs is out?

So much for the Grand Theft Auto series.

I’m sure it’s not m favorite, but the theme from Robocop on the original Gameboy had no reason to be so good.

World of Warcraft, which has different background music in different zones (and different times of day), is sometimes quite listenable. My favorite is the daytime theme for Sholazar Basin in Northrend, “Garden of Life

The Tetris theme song is derived from the nineteenth-century Russian folk song “Korobeiniki” (in case anyone wasn’t aware).

The Sierra games also did pretty amazing things with PC speaker BEEP BOOP music. I can still hum the themes to Space Quest and Manhunter.