Favorite stuffed animal

Another 31 year old who had a massive collection of stuffies with her sister. My all time favorite is Boo-boo kitty, who is made of pink terrycloth and has a white front. Got him at age 3. Boo-boo’s head lolls about and is missing one eye and most of the nose and mouth, but I still take him out of the dresser drawer in my old room and say hi every so often. I’d love to try to restore Boo-boo’s face and clean him up a bit, but I can’t remember what his nose and mouth looked like…drat.

Second runner up: a tiny stuffed tiger with a ruffle around its neck that my grandma gave me when I was fifteen and had to be hospitalized for severe depression and placed on suicide watch. It was her way of saying that while she didn’t totally understand what I was going through, she was going to be there for me as best she could. I think the tiger was meant to ‘watch over me’ in her stead. Needless to say, I pulled through the crisis in fine shape, and now the Ruffle (Rough ol’, geddit?) Tiger sits proudly on my mantel.

Opus the penguin, in any shape or form, till I die.

I’m a 21 year old man but I still have the stuffed animal I got for my first Christmas when I was 3 months old. It’s a dog and I imaginatively called it Doggy. It’s missing both ears, both eyes and it’s nose but has it’s tail still which is something. My brother had one that was identical but it looked evil to me as a kid - it’s no longer around thank god. Even after years on a shelf Doggy smells the same as it did 20 yaers ago

I’m not sure what it was about this thread that made me decide to finally register and reply to something. Maybe it’s becasue I love my teddy bear so much. I got him for christmas when I was about 7, and he used to have bows glued at his ears. Like several of you, I ever so creatively named him Teddy, and also like several of you, he travels with me where ever I go. My Freshman year of college, I accidentally left him at home, and I realized it when we were moving all my stuff into the dorm, so I had my mom UPS him to me! Was a wreck until he arrived. I even took him to Jamaica with me two years ago!

Mine would have to be Bogey from Shirtales.

I got him when I was less than a year old as an attempt to reverse my intense fear of monkeys.

It worked.