Favorite Super-Villians

A few days ago, someone – I believe it was Inky – posted a thread in which people were asked to name their favorite superheroes.
I think the bad guys deserve equal time.
Posters, who are your favorite super-villains?
I vote for John Sunlight and Dr. Doom.

Auric Goldfinger. Subtle he was not. Nothing like letting them know who left the corpse behind.

…at night, the ice weasels come…

I liked Magneat-o in Not Brand Ecch of the 60s (Marvel spoofing itself). Magneat-o tried to fight the Eccchs-Men but gave it up and went back to his old job as an automobile factory!

“If you drive an automobile, please drive carefully–because I walk in my sleep.”–Victor Borge

Dear dougie_monty:
I remember reading the ads for Not Brand Eccch, but never did buy one (although I remember reading a reprint of its spoof of the Thing-Hulk battle). What was Magneat-o’s power?

He was (mutant) magnetic! That’s why he had a job as a car factory. He could attract all the parts to himself and assemble a car all by himself! :slight_smile:

BORIS BADANOV

In Kingdom Come, a DC graphic novel set in a possible future, Captain Marvel had been brainwashed by Luthor to be his personal hitman.

Marvel and Superman got into it, and Captain Marvel kept saying “Shazam!” then moving out of the way so the lightning bolt would hit Superman. Nearly kicked his ass, too.

Other cool villians:

The Saint of Killers from *Preacher.[/i}

The Joker.
The post-crisis Lex Luthor. He’s protrayed as a multi-billionare who sees Superman as his threat to world domination. He uses underlings, lawyers, and money to keep from being caught.

Doomsday. The monster that killed Superman, at least for a little while.

Ras al Ghul. Another villian who isn’t afraid to use money and underlings to achieve his goals, he figured out Batman’s secret ID by checking out anyone in Gothom who could afford a custom built Batmobile, Batcopter, ect.

Bane. A drug enhanced villian who broke Batman’s back.

Magneto. He’s a classic villain.

Promethius. This guy had a mad-on for the Justice League, so he did his research, killed and took the place of a contestant in a “Be a super hero for a day” contest, and when he got to the JLA moon base, he proceeded to kick the crap out of the Leaguers one by one by exploiting their weaknesses. He was only defeated because there were some new JLA members that had joined a few days ago, and he hadn’t compensated for them. He still got away with ease. Leaguers defeated: Green Lantern, The Flash, Batman, Huntress, Steel, Martian Manhunter. He also stalemated Superman and Wonder Woman with hostages.

Saker, from The Elementals. He was Lazerus, risen from the dead, and cursed with imortality. His revenge was to aquire the true names of every demon from hell, stael their power, then cast a spell called “Shadowspear”, which would usher in Armegeddon. Only the strogest would servive, and they’d serve Saker. The spell took 1,000 years (!) to cast. Of course, The Elementals (brough back from the dead by God to stop Saker) stopped him, but they then spent the rest of the series combating the effects of the partially cast Shadowspear.

< whew! > Sorry about the long post!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Dear Sealemon88:
You wouldn’t be a DC fanatic, would you?

Villians I can’t forget:
Reggie Mantle
Eddie Haskell (Leave It to Beaver)
Siegfried (Get Smart)
Tim Taylor (Home Improvement), everyone’s favorite adversary (look what he does to Al and Jill and Bob Vila and even Wilson!)

“If you drive an automobile, please drive carefully–because I walk in my sleep.”–Victor Borge

Hmmm…that bad, huh, Peyote? :wink:

Oh yeah, I like Darksied too.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Yep. Dr. Doom. Gotta be the baddest bad man there is, with his own country and all. But if your talking sheer power I would have to say the Beyonder, and in second place, Thanos (with the Infinity Gauntlet) its just that those guys are cosmic-class and are not frequently seen. 'Ol Doomsie comes up with the best schemes, coupled with his tremendous vocabulary make him the one you love to hate!

Dear Sealemon88:
No, I actually have nothing against DC. I am a big fan of The Sandman, Swamp Thing (the old one – when Alan Moore was the writer) and the Watchmen.
It’s just that when I looked at your post and was amazed by all the DCs characters.
BTW, I probably should have nominated Ozymandias from The Watchman. Talk about a great anti-hero.
Neobican: Thanos is a great villain, but I always thought the Beyonder was stupid; you might as well fight God.

Venom is still my all time favorite. I haven’t been able to keep up with all the latest developments, but he was cool cause (together with the symbiote) he was one of the only villans to have a personal vendetta against Spidey.
I even liked the Carnage series. Would somebody please update me about what’s going on in the life of Eddie Brock (or even Peter Parker for that matter)? I feel so out of it. Maybe its time to visit the archives of my local Comic store

In the Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King.

Dr Evil and son.

“To me, socks are like sex. Tons of it about, and I don’t seem to get any.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

Grodd
The Joker
Abra Kadabra (one of the few villains whose motivation wasn’t purely greed/word domination/madness).
Captain Boomerang (since he was a kid show star gone bad).

And, of course, Dr. Thaddeus Bodog Silvana, the world’s maddest mad scientist.

The best villains overall were in Batman, Spider-Man, and the silver-age Flash.

Harm (unfortunately, he’s dead)
Bullseye
Jakob Mannix (very obscure)
Emma Frost (when she was a villian)
Mr. Sinister

Dear RealityChuck:
I vaguely remember AbraKadabra (didn’t he have magical powers of some kind?), but what was his motivation?
I think your comment about the three superheroes with the best super-villains is correct, although I would say the best villains in Spider-Man were introduced back in the '60’s and early 1970’s. I always liked the Trickster in the Flash until they made him a good guy of sorts in Blue Devil. James Jess wasn’t the same after that.

If we’re not restricted to comic books (which I never got into), I’d have to go with Darth Vader.

He’s the right-hand man to The Emperor, has is own fleet to play with, kills people with a wave of his hand and not even a second thought, and even though it’s not shown in the movies (gotta read some of the novels and supplementary role-playing stuff) will wipe out entire civilizations before breakfast.

Darth Maul gets Honorable Mention, or possibly his own category as “Best Villain That Could Have Been”, but mostly for the better fight choreography of The Phantom Menace.

And Benedict from Last Action Hero (okay, my secret’s out; I liked LAH) gets an “also ran” Honorable Mention. Charles Dance should’ve received an Oscar for his performance.

Other runners-up:

Boba Fett. Need I say more?
Angel Eyes, from Sergio Leone’s westerns.
Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Lame movie, but Alan Rickman at his best.
Hans Gruber of Die Hard (hey, I like Alan Rickman, get off my ass!)
The Terminator; cold, unfeeling, implacable. Who doubted that he’d “be back”?

<FONT COLOR="GREEN>ExTank</FONT>
<FONT COLOR=“BLUE”>“It’s 180 you spaghetti-slurping cretin, 180!”</FONT>

Number 1 of SPECTRE- you got to love a guy who periodically kills off his henchmen in electric chairs in board meetings to keep em fearful

JAWS (as in 007 Jaws)- Orthodontics gone mad! The only killer who survived routine blow ups electrocutions and assorted falls wearing a big ol grin. Plus how can you not respect a guy that tears the throat out of his victims with his teeth

Pennywise the Clown- Tim Curry as a evil clown!? Nuff said!

Tony Montoya from Scarface- Whoo hoo I am first with this one? Who could not love aa guy who said the word fuck every third word and goes out with a pile of blow on his desk. a M-16, and the words "say hello to my lil friend? Pacino is god.

Clown from Spawn. Now I have to admit, he is one of the more interesting characters out there. Though his owner sucks eggs. Eat me Todd!

Mr Blond- Michael Madsen at his brutal best! Oh interesting tidbit, Mr Blond was named Vic Vega short for Vincent Vega who was played by Travolta in Pulp Fiction

The whole cast of Dusk till Dawn- The Gecko brothers, Satinico Pandamonia (Salma Hayek in all her bare skin best) and of course Tom Savini as Sex Machine! Who could not love evil in all forms!

Dear Ex-Tank:
No, I didn’t restrict the topic to comic books. John Sunlight was an enemy of Doc Savage, the only super-villian in the books who was so bad he came back for a rematch with Doc (Fortress of Solitude & The Devil Genghis).
Heath, since you appear to be a big James Bond fan, what do you think of the two cats – I forget their names – who were the villains in “Diamonds are Forever.” I always thought they were deliciously evil.