Favorite Super-Villians

Dr. Doom(his mix of black arts/science and his costume was probably the inspiration for Darth Vader) and The Joker(now that he’s back to the way he was in the 30’s and 40’s- a homicidal maniac) would be my choices… “My evil self is at that door,and I have no power to stop it.”-Dr. Moribus

On Bond villians- I liked Trevelyn in Goldeneye. He didn’t just want revenge, he didn’t just want the money, he wanted both and he had a plan to do it. He knew all of Bond’s tricks and how to get into Bond’s head. Plus he had all the best lines in the movie.

–John

comic book:
Venom
Magneto
Cat-Woman
Apocolypse always scares the hell out of me.

I love Disney villians
Malificent is the all time fave.(Sleeping Beauty)
Evil Queen from Snow White
Cinderella’s stepmom

Darth Vader

Pin-Head

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

I just realized there’s one great super-villian we’ve all omitted from this thread: the Spirit’s arch-nemesis:
TAAAAA-DAAAAAA!!!
The Octopus.

Peyote-- Abra Kadabra committed his crimes because he was a frustrated performer who no one would applaud in his own time. He longed for the applause, not the money.

Thanks for the explanation, RealityChuck.

Sancho says:

I would be happy to! Drop me an email with either Venom or Spiderman for the subject, I will tell you anything you want to know.

Someone mentioned Terminator, which is a good choice. I’d also like to nominate the T-1000 from Terminator 2. What an awesome villain. Even Arnold was scared of this guy!

One word. Hell, one character: Q.

Oh yeah, and Pinhead too.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I’m usually a DC man, but my favorite villain is the Avengers’ nemesis, Ultron.

Man, that is one evil robot.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@schicktech.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

I knew I forgot one. Ultron was right on the tip of my tongue(Ewww…adamantium aftertaste).

And yeah, Doc Doom rocks. He’s smart, a tech genius, has a cool mechanical suit, is a sorcerer, and rules his own freakin’ country.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Snidley Whiplash and Dick Dasterdly (with an honorable mention to Mutley, too.)

the devil, as in '…in ms. jones

Doctor Doom, no question about it.

But let us not forget…

The Golden Age Lex Luthor, the mad scientist who hated Superman because Superman accidentally made him bald! How… human!! And his ultimate dream was to scalp Superman and wear his hair as a toupee. I’m not making this up. Truly bizarre. And they dare to claim that the Joker was more insane…

My nominee for the first super-villain…

Captain Nemo. Jules Verne was ahead of his time in many ways.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

“Bah! All rank amateurs compared to…Doctor Colossus!”

Thought of another great super-villian nobody has mentioned.
Artemis Loveless from “The Wild, Wild West” (the TV show, not the movie.)
You’ve got to love a guy who can teleport through paintings.

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI (III in the US.) I’m not all that far into the game yet, but this guy is one of the most gleefully psychotic bastards I’ve ever seen. And much like Darth Vader, he serves a much less interesting emperor who rules his domain with an iron fist. Actually, there are a lot of parallels with Star Wars in this game, but that’s another post.

Needless to say, Darth Vader is on my list too. ExTank did a good job of listing the reasons.

The Predator in (duh) Predator. A great silent killer type. He kills almost everyone in Schwartzenegger’s team, and rather than face the shame of being killed by a mere human, he sets off a self destruct and practically destroys the whole damn jungle! That’s the way I like villains, defiant to the end.

Also, he’s clearly not a supervillain, but Vince McMahon portrayed one of the most evil assholes in the history of television on WWF Monday Night Raw for about a year. Unfortunately, he’s sucking up to the fans now.

Oooo, Kefka!

Kefka is a delightful villain. Indeed much more interesting than Emperor Gestahl. I don’t see much of a Vader-like quality to him, though. Vader is sane - simply … ambitious and amoral. Kefka, on the other hand, is completely and totally off his rocker.

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

Simon bar Sinister.
The Professor (usually).
His henchman (again, usually), Rock Bottom.
Crabby Appleton.

A watercolor painting of a clown, executed by my great-aunt, which my parents kept hanging in a dimly lit hallway, and gave me the willies for years.

Two names to add to the list:The Brain(from Pinky And The Brain) and Wilie E. Coyote… “Inspector Clay’s dead. Murdered. And somebody’s responsible!”-Plan 9 From Outer Space.