Favourite bad movies.

The Sam Raimi/Bruce Campbell flicks, of course.

I used to like Highlander, but watched it again recently and was appalled at just how BAD it is. And not good bad.

Mark me in for Lost Boys. It’s got the Coreys, Echo and the Bunnymen’s cover of People are Strange, and Kiefer Sutherland.

Starship Troopers. C’mon, it’s got Doogie Howser as some kind of weird pseudo-Goebbels, Denise Richards (who’s a prime indicator of bad movieness), and that guy from Top Gun. And bugs shooting down spaceships with giant balls of energy-crap from their ass.

Any of the Troma movies. Troma is a mark of bad movie quality.

Real Men, with John Ritter and Jim Belushi

The McMasters, with Jack Palance (which has one of the all time worst lines ever in a movie, when Jack’s character turns to the former slave he is riding with before they ride into town and says, “Before we go in there, there is one thing we have to get straight. You’re black. Did you know that?”)

Sssssss, with Dirk Benedict

And probably my all time favorite:

Humanoids from the Deep, with Troy...  I mean DOUG McClure

The Wedding Singer

Independance Day

Starship Troopers

As I just said in another thread, I have a special fondness for giant monster on a rampage movies, even the very goofy ones like the Gamera series, Reptilicus, and Gorgo.

John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness.

The Alan Smithee Dune.

Starship Troopers

Zardoz, without a doubt. Any movie with Sean Connery in a red diaper and atrociously bad toupee is going to be hard to top.

Evil Dead 2 is the pinacle. Army of Darkness is the best movie ever made, but I just find ED2 a bit more enjoyable.

Other favorites of mine include:
Dirty Work
Lake Placid
Deep Blue Sea
Bio-Zombie
GREAT Chinese zombie flick! The main characters names are “Crazy B” and “Woody Invincible”, and they’re just two guys who work at a VCD shop in the mall. A mall that gets overrun by zombies!!! One great part is that the mall’s closed, and the security guy tells a couple of cops that the mall’s empty, except for the protagonists and a couple of girls…and yet, when the one zombie gets out, somehow he’s able to find an entire soccer team to turn into zombies. Crazy shit!

Night of the Creeps. Another great zombie movie about alien slugs that take over a person’s brain, turn them into zombies, then causes their heads to split open and release more slugs. Awesome movie, and very self aware of how tacky it is…but GREAT fun.

As long as we’re talking zombie flicks, Dead Alive is fantastic.

Forbidden Zone
Six String Samurai
of course, and many, many more.

Costner’s The Postman.

Although the first indication that it was going to be a “good bad” movie – the opening shot of a Lion in NORTH AMERICA – was a misleading clue to good-badness, the movie nevertheless delivered :wink:

Choose. I compel you.

I can’t believe this thread could have gone this far w/o a mention of “Logan’s Run.”

"Therrre…

Isss…

Nooo…

Sssanctuary…

They’rrre…

Allll…

Frrrozzzzzennnn…"

“Fish, and plankton, and proteins from the sea…”

Reform School Girls with Wendy O Williams is the greatest bad movie EVER! Half naked girls in lock up, explosions, Wendy O…its got it all!

Does Repo Man count as a bad movie?

Motel Hell definately counts. With Rory Calhoun and Nancy Parsons as the cannibalistic Smoked Meat makers and the slogan, “It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent Fritters!” Classic stuff!

Jon

Reform School Girls with Wendy O Williams is the greatest bad movie EVER! Half naked girls in lock up, explosions, Wendy O…its got it all!

Does Repo Man count as a bad movie?

Motel Hell definately counts. With Rory Calhoun and Nancy Parsons as the cannibalistic Smoked Meat makers and the slogan, “It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent Fritters!” Classic stuff!

Jon

Tremors

Big Trouble in Little China

Sleepaway Camp

CHUD

Night of the Comet.

Appalling, both of them. But I’d watch them if they were available.

alice! You read my mind. Night of the Comet is a blast.

Other bad favorites: Desperado and Threesome.

I love Desperado so much I never thought of it as a “bad” movie.

I believe Re-Animator belongs in the upper echelons of great bad horror movies (along with Evil Dead 2, of course).

More obviously: this film.

-Apoptosis

Cannibal! The Musical

I watched “The Heroic Trio” four times in a row, just to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating half of it.

And I have to watch “Plan Nine From Outer Space” periodically, just to recharge my Powers Of Weird…

I rented The Heroic Trio, and after all the hype and praise I had heard about it for years, I was expecting the best movie ever (or at least better than the Charlie’s Angels movies, the Danger Girl comic book, and some of the best martial arts films of all time–all of which I’m a fan of).

It wasn’t. Not even close. But I still enjoyed the three female leads.