Favourite original song from a TV comedy

From The Big Bang Theory: Howard’s song to Bernadette

Not an original song, though; it’s a parody.

Bedrock Twitch

Bedrock Twitch - YouTube (Astorian got here first)

Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah

I’m partial to Ass Crack Bandit, from Community.

I prefer this one–short, but memorable.

Twizzle!

“The Stonecutters’ Song” from The Simpsons. “Who made Steve Guttenberg a star?” indeed. The Simpsons Stonecutters Song - YouTube

The Simpsons song that sticks in my head the most (especially with the explosion of the MCU) is this one.

The Kelly Song from Cheers springs to mind.

“A Bag of Weed” from*** Family Guy***
(Better if you remember*** Chitty Chitty Bang Bang***)

Still more sophisticated than the Doug and Carrie song.

When I was a kid I always sang the one line “and a dab of Coke on the side.”

I’m not the only one.

The theme from ‘The courtship of Eddies father’

“Down’s Syndrome Girl” from Family Guy.

I’ve got ninety-thousand pounds in my pajamas,
I’ve got forty-thousand French francs in my fridge.
I’ve got lots of lovely lira,
Now the Deutsche mark’s getting dearer,
And my dollar bills could buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete Theme Song, aka Hey Sandy, by the band Polaris.

I’m not sure if the song was actually written specifically for the show - it might have originally existed as a recording already, I am not sure - but it was certainly iconic of the show. When the band is literally shown performing it in the show’s opening credits, you can’t really get any more closely associated than that.

Polaris was created especially for the show, although it was really just the band Miracle Legion, minus a guitarist. They put out an excellent album of songs written for the show (check out Saturnine, or Waiting for October).

Miracle Legion themselves were a vastly underrated and unjustly forgotten band in the jangle pop mode. Their lead singer, Mark Mulcahy, is still putting out excellent solo albums.

Sweet, Sweet Victory from Spongebob Squarepants.

Someone has to mention Tongue Tied from Red Dwarf. Instead of the usual opening credits, there’s this weird, random song-and-dance number. Turns out the Cat is looking at recordings of his recent dreams.

Interesting goof in that clip. At the beginning, the animators have the color of Betty’s and Wilma’s dresses backwards.

Sometimes she sang about normal stuff, like barnyard animals.