Favourite original song from a TV comedy

I hate every ape I see
From chimpan A to chimpanzee

"Oh Hawkeye and oh B.J.
they think they’re pretty smart,
I’d like to take a scalpel
and stab them in the heart.

Hey, this is fun!"

That reminds me of Revv Me Up from the Venture Brothers.

I catch myself muttering " I ask to be out not to be; that is the question that I ask of me" or “Hamlet, dear, you’re problem is clear, you hate your mom and your pop.” way too often for comfort.

But why you no speak real Kupikai?

I’ve been dead so long I forgot?

[quote=“terentii, post:34, topic:807946”]

“Down’s Syndrome Girl” from Family Guy.

[/QUOTE]

I like Prom Night Dumpster Baby.

[quote=“terentii, post:34, topic:807946”]

“Down’s Syndrome Girl” from Family Guy.

[/QUOTE]

[quote=“zazzles, post:46, topic:807946”]

I like Prom Night Dumpster Baby.

[/QUOTE] Mr. MacFarlane's muse is not fettered by such inhibiting factors as taste.

I think I’ll go with “Rhode Island Bound”

Big Crazy Ex-Girlfriend fan here. I’m fond of the song-and-dance show tunes, so “Tappin’ That Ass” is definitely a winner. But I really have to reserve my top spots to “Settle For Me” and “Got My Head In the Clouds.”

Two off the top of my head because they are in my current playlist:

Margerine from The Simpsons

Rock the Torah from Raising Hope (a show I never watched but like the song)

You can’t walk to Turkmenistan!

I’ve always liked the theme song from Night Court. A neat, funky little cool jazz tune.

Rap’s not generally my favorite genre, but a sub-genre called gangstagrass popped up on my radar when Justified debuted. And while Justified isn’t a comedy, IMO it generally had more laugh-out-loud moments than most sitcoms. Being based upon the works of Elmore Leonard, I think a case can be made for it being a dark comedy.

“Baby Boy” from Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman was released as a single in 1976 and reached #3 country and #60 on the Billboard Hot 100. The single was credited to “Mary Kay Place [the actor] as Loretta Haggers [her MH, MH character]”.

My faith in humanity is restored.

Derek Stevens (Dana Carvey) “The Lady I Know”

“I’m Me” from Walt Disney’s Phineas And Ferb.

I came here to post this. That song amused me to no end when I first saw it as a kid.

I wonder if fans who meet Woody Harrelson in real life ever ask him to sing the song.

My all time fave? Night After Night by Lenny and the Squigtones on Laverne and Shirley

And now I’ve lost my appetite
because who wants to sleep with the same broad
night after night, night after ni-ight

My favorite Simpsons song is Burns by (iirc) Tito Puente

It may not surprise you
But all of us despise you
Please die
and fry
in hell

followed by Lurleen Lumpkin’s “Finally Got Me A Homer.”

Non-tv, my favorite is “I Want To Eat Your Face” from “The Creature Wasn’t Nice” with Leslie Nielsen, Gerritt Graham and Cindy Williams, an early 80s parody of Alien.

I want to eat your face
It would be so yummy
I’d like to have your face
in my tu-u-mmy!

I was gonna say that!!!

A couple of my Canadian favourites.

Party Eyes by Cock’d Gunns (from the show Cock’d Gunns)
A serious case of puppy love has Reggie Van Gunn switching from hard rock to yacht rock. But is a sports bar full of drunken rugby players the best place to let loose his inner Michael McDonald?

Terriers by Bruce McCulloch (from Kids in the Hall)
That’s some pretty bad French, though.

Making with the Magilla

Yeah, I get that a lot.