Favourite Way To Fix Eggs

Add a second piece of bread, with a hole in the middle, and you have a grilled egg sandwich.

You should have come to my place earlier this month,

I would have fixed them for you.
mmm

if i’m in the mood for it, i do sunny-side-up, but i have to make very sure the clear, runny stuff is cooked properly, otherwise i can’t eat it. if i get it right and then make myself some heavily-buttered toast to go with? yum. breakfast of the gods.

usually, i prefer mine scrambled with hot sauce, worcheshire sauce and pepper jack or monterey jack cheese. that’s tasty.:slight_smile:

I chose fried over hard because it’s closest to what I like. I like them cooked just til there’s nothing oozy left, and I don’t want anything crispy.

I’m torn between hard-boiled and scrambled; I chose hard-boiled because I thought I’d be the only one. Scrambled eggs are more versatile, but I’m more likely to boil them and keep them in the fridge as a snack. Incidentally, I’m a scrambled-hard man – I loathe runny yolks, and I loathe runny scrambled eggs (in the video of Ramsey’s eggs, the only thing I wouldn’t gag on is the mushrooms – that sourdough would be fine, but it’s the wrong kind of bread for toasting, IMHO).

Since there’s an egg thread going, I might as well share this. I had a salted egg at a Thai restaurant the other day. It was a bit too salty for my taste but interesting nonetheless.

For a few years, I couldn’t eat eggs. My dad was just a horrible cook who tried to experiment too much and after being late for class because I would take an hour to eat his fried eggs, I got so sick of them I couldn’t stomach any eggs at all. I would get sick and almost throw up if forced to eat it.

Things got better once I started cooking though

I like them poached or soft-boiled best. However, I only eat them this way at home as most American restaurants screw them up. A restaurant poached egg always comes with about a quarter of cup of poaching water in the serving cup, which is gross.

And it’s the easiest thing in the world to make! Poached eggs are tender and never rubbery or leathery. Break an egg into simmering water, cook about three minutes or until the white is completely set, lift out with a slotted spoon. Hold the egg slightly with a paper towel while you tip the spoon back and forth to let any puddles on top of the egg run off. Serve the egg on top of a slice of fried ham or smoked turkey breast, with lots of buttered white toast.

As someone who also likes poached eggs, I found that I have really liked using thismethod when poaching at home.

No need to worry about water run off, and you get to put some spices in the egg as well.

It took me a couple of practice tries to get it wrapped up properly, but once I go that down it worked great.

Over easy is the most common way for me to make them, but I like them many ways. Second most common is probably scrambled

Over easy, I guess, but it’s miles behind omelettes.

Soft boiled with toastie soldiers. You may draw a face on the shell if you must.