February mini-rants thread...

I hate it when anyone does that - either we have plans, or we don’t.

True, true. I don’t like flakes, unless they are frosted.

You have a restaurant named Italian? That’s awesome. What kind of food do they serve?

In related notes, I would like to point out to various locals that we have 2 restaurants that serve Mexican food and 3 that serve Chinese food. We do not, however, have a restaurant named “Mexican” or “Chinese” and it is thus impossible for us to “go to Mexican” for lunch. Thank you, that is all.

Hey, years ago I had this woman chase me with hints and suggestions for two months, then play coy when I took the bait. Finally we had a date set up for the Friday a couple of days before my birthday.

Fifteen minutes before I’m going to leave work, planning to go home, shower up and get ready, I get an e-mail - a fucking EMAIL, telling me “My brother asked me if I’d like to go flying with him, so I’m going, because that will be more fun.” :eek: I kinda wonder what would have happened if I’d have already left work and didn’t see that.

Then she wondered why I was all pissed off and was no longer interested in her. :rolleyes:

I freely admit that I’m socially retarded. Some people think they’re social dynamos and they’re really clueless flakes.

I hope you’re not expecting any sympathy.

Oh, yeah, I hate that. I’ve a friend who is ready to throw in the dating towel because of men doing crap like that.

She also had a guy who fell off the radar and then suddenly sent an email out of the blue with ‘I love you so much! I can’t believe I had let you slip through my fingers! Let us rekindle our love’ etc…

And then, mission apparently accomplished, he never responded to her by phone or email again.

My rant would be:
Friend (the same one above): stop blowing off our plans to go hang out with people you barely know, only to leave long voice mails about how horrible it all was late at night. Of course it was horrible! You don’t know anyone there and you’ve ditched me for:

1. Bible study with ultra-fundies
  2. A casual acquaintances house ‘party’ where you are coerced to buy candles or ridiculously priced clothing
  3. Group events (at which you don’t know anyone) except for the guy you’re in love with and his girlfriend of two years. OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO HANG OUT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND AND NOT YOU!

A blind ferret would know that it was going to suck!

My WAG: It wasn’t a mistake. Had second thoughts about suicide.

Well there’s your problem. Most people manage to come through college without somehow managing to rack up enough credit card debt on top of their student loans that their bill is three grand a month.

No, it sounds like your girlfriend was being a passive-aggressive bitch.

Serrations may be referred to as “teeth,” but trust me on this: you really don’t need to be flossing your bread knife.

Quite. “Oh nooooooooes, my weather is above freeeeeziiiiiiing. Won’t someone please think of the children?!”

Wow, yeah, that takes a certain amount of self-absorbed douchebaggery.

Dear immune system,

Work, damn you!

Love,
The rest of me.

My 4yo has strep. She’s been home from daycare on and off for about three weeks with an upset stomach. No sore throat, no fever, just diagnosed today. Off to get some antibiotics and write off getting any work done today. Sigh.

Preach it. You also don’t want your eighth grade nickname to be “Sag” because by then you’re easily a D.

Dear book,

Yeah, I realize that we’ve been bed-fellows since last November, and occasional flirts for the past few years. Now PLEASE get the hell out of my head. I’m tired of thinking about you during 80% of my waking moments, and am pretty sure that hubby is not happy to talk about you with me on a daily basis. I’m also resentful towards you for stealing my time from artsing up things that might actually make some moneys.

With deep loathsome love,

Waxwinges

Also, I am most likely going to have to move in July. My fabulous new pad has become a big pain in the ass. Six months in and:

[ul]
[li]it took three times out and two weeks to get a leak fixed that left a big puddle of water on the basement floor[/li][li]the faucet in the bathroom sink broke; and the stopper; and the towel rack[/li][li]despite my landlord’s claim that he shovels snow, I’ve been out there four times already; I’ve spent over $100 on ice melt alone so I can get into my garage from my deeply sloped driveway[/li][li]I’m paying for a garage that I frequently can’t use because the snow/ice isn’t cleared from the driveway[/li][li]over a month of furnance hell[/li][li]both drawers in the kitchen broken[/li][li]closet door in the bathroom broken[/li][/ul]

Fuck. I hate moving. I love my neighborhood, but it’s becoming less and less worth putting up with all the petty annoyances. Also, my landlord went to Barbados for a month and didn’t have someone else set up to handle repair & maintenance requests. Seriously?

Oh, that’s quite possible too, but from the ones that have happened around here, most of them seem to just walk onto the tracks for that, rather than stay in a car that might cushion the blow. And speaking as someone who’s previously had major depression with fleeting moments of suicidal ideation, fortunately being too amotivated by the depression to do anything - that’s a shitty move, to step in front of a train to die. I’ve seen a local short documentary on Metra train engineers who get insomnia, flashbacks, PTSD by being behind the controls of the train when it hits suicidal or inattentive people on the tracks, sometimes more than once in their career, and it takes an awful toll on them.

Yup. Some people are selfish assholes even in the *way *they kill themselves.

Oh NOZ! Our precious snowflake saw “nice tits” on a candy heart and is scarred for life! Alert the networks! Warn other parents to hide their children from racy candy! There’s no way they would ever see anything as bad as that in real life! What if her tits don’t live up to that once they grow in? She’ll end up with a body dysmorphic disorder! Our daughter will need counseling now! Won’t someone think of the children?

We should sue.

There was “nice tits” written on a candy heart? Part of me says, “Cool!” and part of me says, “Is that really necessary?” Unless, maybe, they were adult candy hearts, in which case how did Precious Snowflakes get their hands on them?

Frig, I’m tired today. I have a house to clean and groceries to get and laundry to do and a walk to take, but I have about, oh, zero energy.

I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO OKLAHOMA FOR FIVE WEEKS BEGINNING IN MARCH!

Frankly, I’ve had about enough of going to Oklahoma for the rest of my career. Couldn’t you at least wait, and send me in the summer, when kayla is out of school?

Crap.

“Clean *all *the things? :(”

Well, the news blurred out the “its” but I figured that was the likely conclusion to “Nice T…” I’m guessing the company makes adult themed hearts and one of those managed to get into the “family friendly” bag. I just don’t think it’s news or panic-worthy and it invoked both.