Fed Gov and "Federal land"

Where in the Constitution does it specify any delegated Federal powers to seize land within a sovereign State?
As we know, the Senate just blocked oil drilling in the “Arctic National Preserve” in the State of Alaska. What part of the Constitution delegates to the Fed Gov the power to seize land in a State?

I’m confused here - I was under the impression that the Arctic National Preserve was federal land (as is, say, Yosemite National Park), and all the Senate was doing was declaring that you can’t drill for oil there.

All the Senate decided today was that there would be no vote on whether or not to drill in ANWR [/nitpick]

Note that the Federal government bought the entire state from the Russkies. Some of that land has been sold to the state and private interests, but the parts that the Feds never sold, guess what?, they still own! (Okay, some of the usual “creative” land deals with the original owners was involved at some point.)

OTOH, the Feds own very little of Texas. Those parts it does own were mainly acquired by paying for them (some donations here and there).

This has nothing to do with “states rights” (shuddered typing that).

*Note that the Federal government bought the entire state from the Russkies *

Actually, the Fed Gov bought a territory. This territory became a State. With all the powers that a State has.

I’m trying to figure out where in the US Constitution the Fed Gov has the delegated powers to declare land within a sovereign State as Federal property, is all. I’ve read the Constitution, and I can’t find it cited.

If the States didn’t delegate this power to the Fed Gov, I don’t see why Alaska [or any other State] shouldn’t tell the Fed Gov to take a hike, and approve of oil drilling within the State.

From Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution:

Well, that covers military bases, at least.

Look at Nevada. Most of the state is owned by the federal government. Just because an area becomes a state does not mean the federal government gives up ownership. Also look at the Oklahoma land rush where the federal government did offer to give up ownership.