America - Fuck YEAH! is great, however I would like to submit a more ‘hip’ alternate. “America-Hells Yeah!” Could resonate with the youth, but runs the risk of being embarassingly unhip in a few years.
Or Drewbert’s “Trust us; we know what we’re doing.” could be Jack Bauer’d up as, “We don’t have to me to explain, you’re going to have to trust us!”. . .a bit wordy, but will perhaps save a great deal of time at the U.N.
[/QUOTE]
“We don’t have **TIME ** to explain, you’re going to have to trust us!”.
[QUOTE=The The]
Or Drewbert’s “Trust us; we know what we’re doing.” could be Jack Bauer’d up as, “We don’t have to me to explain, you’re going to have to trust us!”. . .
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Captain Amazing]
I need to correct my previous post. In it, I said that Secretary of the Treasury Chase was a Catholic. He was not. He was an Episcopalian. He was also the only cabinet secretary to be named after a fish.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=MEBuckner]
Yeah, but he wasn’t named after a fish, he was named after fish in general. It’s completely different.
[/QUOTE]
But what about Edmund Muskie?
And since, as noted above, we have a tradition of “testing out” new mottoes on coinage before making them official, I’d like to propose the following New Motto Coin.
[/QUOTE]
I think the coin should be one of these:
“America: We do not sleep. We wait.”
“America’s chief export: pain.”
“There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures we have allowed to live.”
And since, as noted above, we have a tradition of “testing out” new mottoes on coinage before making them official, I’d like to propose the following New Motto Coin.
[/QUOTE] Ponder Stibbons, did you make that up especially for this thread, or what? That’s just awesome.