finally figured it out

But were you a great defensive player? Fast on the bases? Good batting average? NONE of this matters if you didn’t have any power?

Remember, chicks dig home runs.

As far as birthdays go, I haven’t a clue when my girlfriend’s birthday is*, but I can name two major league baseball players who were born on the exact same day and year as myself (Craig Biggio and Ken Hill). And all I had to do was buy a complete set of Topps baseball cards and read the backs of all of them! (It might not have been too smart to pass up that date with the girl who really had the hots for me because I couldn’t afford both, but hell, those baseball cards might be worth MONEY someday)

*Oh, all right. It’s because I don’t have one. When I do, I hope the birthday in question is closer to Rafael Furcal’s than Harry Caray’s, though.

Seriously, yes, I think a guy should know when his SO’s birthday was. Birthdays, as you yourself say, are a pretty important thing-they’re personal, and they do matter, as they should.

Well, Bratman, I’m sure you’re a great guy, but I must be more perceptive than you. Based on the above, I know what you *** didn’t do*** and I WASN’T EVEN THERE! :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, Bratster, since you asked so nicely. The reason it’s important to me, at least, is because these are good indications of how much attention our guy is really paying to what we say, do, think, want, like, all that stuff. It’s not that each thing is so important as it is to pay attention to the overall person. I’m not explaining this very well, I’m sure. Forgive me, it’s late.

I’d like to think that I’m important enough to my hubby for him to want to know, to take the time to learn a few basic things about me. Gazing directly into her eyes is a major plus, and if you do that enough, you’ll know what color her eyes are. <If she’s wearing colored contacts all the time, that’s a different story>

I’m not talking about the tiny, hidden things, like what is her favorite song from high school days. I’m talking about things like, for me, as one example: I dearly love beef jerky, eat it every chance I get. So, what did my hubby get me for a present last year? A dehydrator, so I could play around with different flavors and make my own. I thought it was a great present, because he thought about what I like, and what would please me.

Considering that almost 60% of my wardrobe is purple or has purple in it; and I have lots of stuffed critters, many of whom are purple; and I have as many purple ‘dustables’ as he’ll let me have, he’d better know that purple is my favorite color. These are the kinds of things you should notice and pay attention to.

Just as she should pay attention to those things you like. For example, I know much more about football than I ever thought I would. Why? Because that’s hubby’s favorite sport to watch. Personally, I couldn’t care less if I never saw another football game in my life; but it’s important to him, so I watch, and I learn about the teams and how the game is played.

There’s plenty more stuff, but I think you’re getting the idea. Or, ask me, I’ll be happy to tell you more. And, btw, I did know you were poking fun at yourself, and not really serious. Hence the levity of my first post here. At least, my attempt at levity.

Off to bed, hope this helps, my friend.

Outstanding defense (made an unassisted triple play), fast on the bases, not-so-good averages, NOT a slugger. I hit three homeruns in four years of high school ball and one was an inside-the-park. That explains why she didn’t remember.

Yes, I knew exactly what I was saying, and no we didn’t, not on the first date. (not my choice, but what are ya gonna do?)

Hey Bratman, it’s not your fault that your GF has got her priorities wrong.

Purplebear’s suggestion about writing notes is good - but not right in front of your GF. And don’t bring out the notebook in front of her during an argument either, or then you’ll learn just how amazingly accurate a woman’s memory is - at least about everything you’ve done wrong - EVER, even before she met you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reminding me, Iguana Boy, I need to convince my parents to change their home number. The GF and my mom have gotten pretty friendly lately. I’ll go to my GFs house, she’ll have this evil grin on her face. When I ask her what she’s smiling about, she says, “I just talked to your mom again today that’s all. She was telling me stories about you again. Nothing bad though, I promise.”

But then she still has that smirk on her face like she just dug up some great dirt on me. This must end!

[/QUOTE]
It’s not like I’m ever going to buy her shoes based on whether or not they’ll look good with the color of her eyes.
[/QUOTE]

Suggestion: Learn her shoe size, then buy her shoes that will look good with her eyes. Then buy her a bag to match the shoes, a dress to match the shoes & bag, and a nice piece of jewelry.

And after you take her to a nice dinner, where she can wear all the lovely stuff you’ve just bought for her, you WILL get laid. :smiley:

[hijack]
There is a doper who I recently attended a Major League baseball game with (being a gentleman, I’m not naming names), who, in addition to many great qualities, started talking to this baseball fan (yours truly) about the importance of on base percentage (real life, not a sly dating analogy, you perves!) in the role of a baseball team’s offense. (“It’s not so much batting average as being important as the number of times you get on base”)

Man, I was in love with her BEFORE the game! Now I worship her as a GODDESS!
[/hijack]