FINALLY - Study shows Clowns Scare Kids!

On MSN this morning there is a new study that shows children are almost ‘universlly scared of clowns’. Thank OG for this, I say get rid of all clowns, clown suits, those little freakish clown masks that go on walls, clown noses, face paint, honking ass horns and everything that has ever had to do with clowndome!

GO! BE GONE WITH YOU!

I’m a grown man in my 30’s and I still HATE clowns, ever since I saw a catholic priest dressed up in a clown suit for a harvest festival when I was 9 I’ve been freaked out by clowns, and let’s not mention the FREAKY little house on the praire episode with the ‘raping clown’ or mime or whatever it was {{shutters}}} …

Once again, science takes forever to confirm what all of us already knew. :wink:

Moving thread from IMHO to The BBQ Pit.

Can’t Sleep – Clown Study will Eat Me.

Mention it. LHotP had an Evil Raping Clown episode? That just seems so out of character for that show. What was the basic plot?

And please tell me it was Nellie that was raped. The little bitch.

No it wasn’t it was Alberts girlfriend Sylvia - here is a page entirely dedicated to it - {{{shutters}}} Check out the images…

This just boggles my mind, because I was such a fearful and easily-creeped-out kid. I mean, basically, I was your classic wuss. But it never occurred to me to be afraid of clowns, for God’s sake. I never knew there were kids who were.

I guess I should be grateful I avoided at least one childhood trauma.

That is so messed up. I have a chill myself. I recall that I had told a buddy of mine that LHotP would be a great show to when we were getting baked in his bedroom. Fortunately, he felt my idea was stupid. I can only imagine the warping effect that episode might have had.

On the other hand, we must wonder if studies showing that clowns do not scare children are being suppressed by the pediatric and psychiatric journals.

Ha! That will be my new insult. Hey, you Honking Ass Horn !!

Shutters?

Otherwise the clowns can get in through the window.

Off to MPSIMS.

:smack: I shudder at how I made it through all that schooling, no wonder editors hated me.

Can the mods move this to Cafe Society? After all, being a clown requires acting. Or maybe it’s an art form. There’s nothing mundane about scary clowns.

On the other hand, I can see a Great Debate forming here.

Clowns: A Psychic Stressor For Children?

The downside of all this is that now I’ve got Tears Of A Clown going through my head. :eek:

And it makes “Send in the Clowns {Don’t Bother; They’re Here}” downright sinister.

:dubious:

Quit clowning around, you two.

Stephen King was right all along!

If this ends up in the Cafe this will be surly mean that Clowns have taken over the SDMB - as czarcasmsent this to IMHO then Fluiddruid to MPSIMS not it may get thrown in the Cafe, I think the Mods may have been assimilated by those of painted face and honking ass…

If this ends up in the Cafe this will be surly mean that Clowns have taken over the SDMB - as czarcasm sent this to the Pit then Fluiddruid to MPSIMS not it may get thrown in the Cafe, I think the Mods may have been assimilated by those of painted face and honking ass…

Ya see…a double post…that never happens to me. I think this thread may well have been taken over by you know who…