F'INg CNET Spyware

:mad: :mad: :mad: :frowning:
So I’m looking for the older NBA Live 2001 demo…
Go to CNET, they have it. Click on the download icon. See a popup saying I CAN accept the install of a “secure delivery” adware applet or click no and download normal…wait… :confused: … :dubious: …what’s this in my taskbar :eek: :mad: …Fucking CNET didn’t even ask permission to install their applet. JUST got this pc cleaned of spyware last week. Grrr…CNET go suck donkey balls.

I don’t think that CNET did it. I just went to the site and downloaded the same software you did, just to see, and not only was there no software installed in the background, but no popup dialog, either. Might want to run Adaware, Spybot or both in case you have something else that’s doing this.

It only installed that, however I was miffed that it didn’t ask me, I clicked to download a demo and it just automatically gave me that software.

Ah, if you select Secure Download it will install a small module–a browser plugin, actually. It appears to be harmless, and can be uninstalled at any time. You can read more about it here.