Fire in Penn Station (NY)?

Someone just came by the office and mentioned there’s a fire in Penn Station and the trains aren’t running (I take the PATH from there and I hope not!). Nothing on the 1010 WINS or NJ Transit web sites yet—anyone hear anything?

I’ve been to Penn Station. I hope it’s not on fire.

(Having been to New York City ONE TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE - a week or two ago - I am suddenly very heartful of it, and nothing bad is allowed to happen to it until I can go back again and see everything I missed on the Whirlwind Tour.)

Nothing on NY1, either.

Just heard in on WNYC. Track fire. 1, 2 and 3 are bypassing Penn (smoke condition) and LIRR suspended.

Hmmmm, thanks. Hope the PATH is still running; guess I’ll know by the time I get there . . . Doesn’t sound Serious; we have track fries pretty regularly. Still, awfully annoying on a Friday afternoon, and everyone’s going to be running around yelling “poison gas!”

Mmmm… track fries…

Mmmmm . . . . Track fries . . . .

Mmmmm…poison gas…

Damn!

Mmmmmm… any gas…

“Manhattan Penn Station Closed - Fire Department Activity. Penn Station is closed due to Fire Department activity. All trains are bypassing Penn Station.”

Mmmmm… Fried gas…

Mmmm…passing gas in Penn Station

Mmmmm… bypassing…

Damn, I hope it’s not too bad.

Mmmmmm…gastric bypass…

Mmmmm…too many people on the same joke kills it…

[Teller]

Mmmmm… Penn gas…

[/Teller]

Mmmmm…standing stationary in Penn Station while Penn passes gas…

I saw a microscopic blurb on either CNN or Foxnews…then *nothing * and I watched for the next hour to see everything.

I bet it is being hushed for now on the major networks until they find out what the cause is. No sense in having all the citizens running nilly willy with their duct tape waving in the wind.