Fitness and exercise thread

Figured I’d check back in.
My erstwhile workout partner broke up with the girl if fixed him up with, so he has time to train me again. He has me doing all kinds of calisthenics, and very high-rep bodyweight exercises.
I am learning to do a handstand, for the first time in my life (at 58). I can do maybe 30 seconds nearly vertical, with my toes touching the wall.
We did weighted dips today, a break from the recent 3x 30 bodyweight ones. I was pleasantly surprised that I could still do 90 lbs. (if only for two reps).
We plan on doing the Spartan Super race in February, so I have been running every day.

They say that about hills in cycling. They never get any easier, you just go up in a higher gear.

Well, 2018 is winding down. Soon we will need to start a 2019 thread…

I did the Flatiron hike with a friend yesterday. It’s quite a strenuous hike, but we took our time and completed it in around 6.5 hours.
I was pretty sore, but decided to hit the gym this morning anyway.

Hope everyone has a good holiday vacation, and I’m looking forward to hearing about everyone’s fitness goals and progress in 2019.

I was very sedintary last Jan and increasing health issues forced me off my butt and to start moving. I was lucky to have a dear coworker also start her own fitness journey.

With her support and coaching (she has deep experience) I have made great strides.

Crossfit, swimming and some cycling is what I have been doing. In fact my son and I have signed up for a crossfit competition on the 29th.

Whatever you do, please start exercising . I began with 2km walks last January and did a short triathlon in September. My blood pressure is down, my joint pain is a thing of the past and I have great energy now.

I waited for someone else to take the torch, but it didn’t materialize so here it is!