Five new mods on Steam

Starting this week, the mods Age of Chivalry, D.I.P.R.I.P., Insurgency, Synergy, and Zombie Panic are going to be available directly from Steam. This is good news for me, as I’ve been trying and failing to get Zombie Panic Source for a while now, but keep on running into problems with the download.

Has anyone played any of these mods before? As a fan of Gorkamorka, D.I.P.R.I.P. has caught my eye, but I’d like to hear what people think of any of them.

Totally missed this thread. I’ll take a look-see and let you know what I think.

I’ve had a chance to play D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm Up, and I’m not impressed. Sure, it’s only a mod, but there doesn’t seem to be any room for tactics at all. The radar always tells you where all your enemies are, so you can’t sneak up on them. There aren’t any deployable mines or turrets, and the weapons aren’t accurate or powerful enough to snipe with, so defense is pretty much useless. You end up with both teams charging in until everyone is in everyone else’s blind spot and blasting the hell out of each other.

Zombie Panic is awesome! I love it. I only wish there were more variety in zombie appearance. I’m not one for headsets and microphones, but this is one game where I think the interaction with other players really enhances the game.

I just really enjoy making random zombie sounds as I play :stuck_out_tongue: