Fixed my washer, fixed my washer, fixed my WAA-sher!

Be very quiet, I’m fixing a washer.

NO COLD WATER! CLOGGED VALVE!
FIX THE WASHER! FIX THE WASHER! FIX THE WASHER!

(Fix the washer?)

YO HO HO! YO HO HO! YO HO . . .

(Oh mighty housewife of great frugal stock
Might I inquire to ask eh… what’s up doc?)

I’m going to fix the washer!

(O mighty housewife, 'twill be quite a task
How will you do it, might I inquire to ask?)

I will do it with my drill and socket wrench set.

(Drill and socket wrench set?)

Yes, socket wrench set, and I’ll give you a sample!
Remove console screws! Disconnect lid switch terminal block! Flip, pry . . . TILT!!!

Drill, socket wrench, replace the clogged valve!

. . .

Look what I’ve done . . . I’ve fixed the washer . . . saved me some money . . .

Well, what did you expect me to do, pay a repairman?

<enthusiastic applause>
Bra-vo…you even got me to channel What’s Opera, Doc just from the title, before I even clicked in.

Outstanding! I am ever thwarted by the broken washer, I gravel at your feet!

Awesome…I saw where you were going with that just from reading the thread title!

Thank you, thank you.

Truly, this was a big deal to me, the chick who was terrified at the thought of pumping her own gas not so long ago. So I was thinking about what I’d accomplished, and dramatic, heroic music seemed called for, and then I just got silly with it.

Pretty cool. I on the other hand, would have called someone. I hate hate *hate *DIY projects. Right now the cold water is off on my kitchen sink because the handle broke and I am too lazy to call a plumber.

Congrats on the victory. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Isn’t it great when you go to do something you’ve always thought of as way too hard for you, and it turns out you can do it?

I missed a company picnic replacing the lid switch in my washing machine.

But it was worth it.

Missing a company picnic to have your teeth drilled without anesthesia would be worth it.

Oh, I should give credit to the Samurai Appliance Repairman, where I found a diagnosis of the problem, and detailed instructions with diagrams of how to open the machine and get at the faulty part. I would have had absofrigginlutely no clue where to even start without that info.

I’m washing some clothes right now. Laundry has never been so fun!