Flatulence in space

Vectored Thrust! IF you can control the angle! Practice!

Again, Vectored Thrust! Practice, men, practice. The space program needs your skills!

Perhaps I should add, don’t forget the practice sessions in the vacuum chamber. Your “male” rocket nozzle needs to be toughened up to stand the rigors of space. Don’t forget the UV Exposure “tanning beds”. Loss of a Member is a loss to us all!

Is hard out there, in space, no one can hear you fart.

Sorry, all. On re-reading this thread, I spotted waaaaay too many new cheap jokes. [But, at least most of them were short!]

But[t], however, I see that someone had a “one-cheek-sneak” available, that I missed. Everyone’s a xxxxxxx comedian!

You only say that because you envy the size of my wang.

What?

Yesssss. That’s quite a long “wang”. Perhaps you need to be recruited into the “astrowang” corps. Pull out your wang, slap it on this table, here, and let’s see how your “wang” stands up to “HARD Ultraviolet radiation”…

[fry…]

OOH, what a tiny “winkey” you have there…

Sorry, you don’t measure up to the Wankstronaut Corps.

NEXT!

:smiley:

The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind.

You are aware that the actual, non-pun-laden, term for “rocket exhaust” used by vonBraun and his colleagues, and others since, is Raketenfahrt?

Close, but no cigar. Raketenfahrt means “Rocket ride”, “Rocket journey”, etc., from “fahren”, to travel, as in Fahrvergnügen. Cf. English “fare”. “Rocket fart” would be Raketenfurz. “Rocket exhaust” is, I understand, Abgas-Rakete.

This thread is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

But much funnier.

Wich begs the question, if you fart inside an space suit, what changes, if any do you inflict to your previous velocity and curse?.

Well, if I farted in my spacesuit, I’d certainly curse.

“We are going to fucking crash against that asteroid captain!”.
“then change curse!”
“we are going to crash against that damned asteroid captain!”.

Raketenabgas, actually. The word order there is the same as in English.

If you want to accelerate in space with bodily products, you need to achieve the highest impulse, which means expelling the most massive available substance with the highest possible velocity. I think your best bet is flinging your poop.

Those monkeys know what they’re doing.

Woah, Commander Aldrin must have really cut one. What say we call him “Buzz”?

Frodo said:

If you fart inside your suit, assuming the suit is not vented (and it better not be, or it isn’t doing a good job as a spacesuit), then it will have no direct effect on your propulsion.

However, your convulsions from expelling and then smelling may affect your propulsion.

Faaaaaaarts iiiiiiiiin Spaaaaaaaaaace

Someone call Le Petomane!