"Fleshlite", any good?

That was supposed to be Erotica dammit.

But as it turns out, the correct title is The Best American Erotica 2001.

This is a sad commetary on my life, but I was confusing it with The Year’s Best Science Fiction series, edited by Gardner Dozois.
:rolleyes:

Some of this has been covered here

I posted there that I own a Fleshlight[sub]TM[/sub], and have never performed the maintenance that 2trew mentions, and haven’t had any problems yet. Don’t use too often either. :wink:

At this point, IMHO, there may be better products out there that are cheaper.

Primaflora- the whole idea of using animal organs as sex toys strikes me as a combining of bestiality & necrophilia

If ya ever see him again, feel free to share that! G

I hate to admit that I knew what the OP title was talking about & had the same Q.

FWIW -
Ended up going with the fleshlight. Single guy (that it was given too) is still single… maybe he know longer needs a woman? I don’t know. :slight_smile:

If you’re genuinely curious though, I’ll see if I can muster the courage to ask about its “coaxing abilities”. It’s not exactly the kind of thing we’ve seriously talked about so I’m a little hesistant.

BTW - my above post is with regards to this link:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=174021

Always with the technology. Doesn’t anyone go to the watermelon patch any more?

Well, had a conversation about the subject today. Heh.

Anyhow, supposedly at first it wasn’t that great but after a few tries, it’s the cats ass.

Turns out he really liked the “gift”

Of course, YMMV.

Please tell me that’s just a figure of speech.

It could be worse. The boyfriend of one of my best friends confessed to her that his substitute was…

a sheep.

(He grew up on a farm.)
Oh, god, I’m not even gonna go near the “cat’s ass.”

Update: I finally got the nerve to buy one!

It’s pretty good. Definitely worth the money. I might get another version of it in the future, maybe with ribbing for more stimulation. It was much softer and velvety than I ever imagined.

It takes awhile to get it properly warmed. I eventually settled on running water through a coffee maker and using that to warm it up.

Note to self: decline Blalron’s invitation for coffee…

I’d just like to add that posing and taking pictures of realdolls must be one of the most hilarious jobs in the world.

TMI…you’ve been warned! :wink:

You know, speaking as a fellow single…lonely straight guy, I can honestly say that I have considered buying it several times this past year. Maybe I’ll get it as a Christmas present for myself :wink:

One of the things that gave me pause, though, is the taboo. If a guy uses any inadimate object besides his hands to masturbate, it is seen as juvenile, desperate, ‘he-aint-getting-laid-anytime-soon’ pity. But when a woman talks about vibrators, or the ocasional cucumber or something, its seen as far more normal. Like there’s some unspoken agreement among humanind that virtually anything a guy does sexually that doesn’t involve a woman indecates some kind of sexual inadequacy on his part. Guy screwing a cantelopue? ‘sick’. Woman masturbating with a cucumber? ‘hot’ :rolleyes:

I’d probably want to know how close it is to the real thing- current indications suggest it isn’t. If then, I don’t see it feeling any better than what I can already do wtih my hands, which don’t cost $40 to operate :stuck_out_tongue: I already have a problem with being conditioned to respond to sensations my hands create, getting much less out of vaginal sex (not to say I don’t enjoy it; I’d gladly have sex instead of masturbate. But on a purely sensation scale, masturbation feels better). However if this feels closer to a vagina than it does a hand, it might be worth having until I am in a sexual relationship again.

Since I’m a virgin I can’t say whether it feels like a vagina. But it’s gotta be closer to that than a hand.

Ok then (I can’t believe I’m saying this :stuck_out_tongue: )…is it significantly different in sensation than using your hands? See, when I had sex for the first time last summer, it felt a lot different than masturbation.

Would you say its better than your hands?

Yes.

:dubious:

Hmm…

It’s definitely something you’d only want to use when you’re alone in the house. No way in hell you’d cover up in time if someone were to suddenly walk into the room. There’s no innocent explanation when your pants are down and you have a thing that looks suspiciously like a vagina in your hands.

You could always try to explain that you were looking for crabs with your fleshlight. Dang things are hard to see!

Oh, pardon me! It was cold, so I decided to put my penis warmer on.