Flu shots

I have rheumatoid arthritis. I’m on immunosuppressants. Makes me vulnerable to lots of things. I could die if I get the flu.

My Walgreen’s drug store is two blocks from my house. I pay the $20 out of pocket to get the shot. It only takes 10 minutes out of my day. That’s worth it, at least to me.

Okay, he’s two for two for both of those. I’ll just keep getting the shot, and we’ll both keep up our hand-washing hygiene.

Indeedy. Mine’s covered with insurance, but if not, I think the going rate is like $20-30/pop. SO much faster than driving, waiting, seeing the doc, waiting some MORE, then leaving.

While Cat Whisperer’s husband won’t be given the mist once they find out that he has asthma, the shot does not hurt. I don’t mean that it only hurt a little, it didn’t hurt at all. Have him look away like I did and he should be fine. I mean, he can’t be more afraid of needles than the four-year-olds I saw get it, can he?

I have been told by an actual doctor that if you get the shot too early your immunity might not last through the end of flu season. Not that I don’t trust the leading lights of the SDMB more than her, but does anybody have a cite that it’s OK to get it in early Sept.?

Gracias,
–Cliffy

You’re a wise man, Cliffy. And yes, I do.

From the CDC:

I chose the word “phobia” for a reason. :slight_smile: